My Lucky Day

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
J.R.@A&M
Posts in topic: 1

My Lucky Day

Post by J.R.@A&M »

So, for the last two weeks I have flown without a firearm because of anticipated rushes to the airports, an unfamiliar airline, and out of state travel. Last week I flew American from IAH to Amarillo, and then from IAH to Atlanta. No issues taking my carryon bag through security.

This week I flew to Amarillo, and just went trough security for the return flight. I was thinking, as I usually do, that the TSA folks in Amarillo are the nicest anywhere. And then, just to prove it, a nice lady hurried over to me and said, “Sir, we need to run your bag again.” Ok, no problem.

She does, then searches it, and produces one solitary .22 LR round. Smiles and says, “Have a nice day.” I smiled and thanked the heavens that I wasn’t at IAH, ATL, or (shudder) an international flight.

The round got there because the last time I flew with my .22 revolver, the plastic box of ammo slid apart and spilled inside my luggage. I obviously missed one round in putting it back together. And four sets of TSA scans missed it too, until today.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Return to “Never Again!!”