Cheaper than dirt price gouging

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

hankintexas
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Cheaper than dirt price gouging

Post by hankintexas »

They are notorious for bleeding gun owners. I saw Pmags advertised for 89.00 yesterday. Right after Sandy Hook, they raised the 100 round AR mags to $1000.00 each. When I questioned them about it on their FB site, I was banned.

I have not shopped with them since.

As a matter of fact, I would rather lick doorknobs in Wuhan, China than give them a dime.
Hank Henry
NRA Instructor / NRA LIFE MEMBER / NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thenick_ttu

Post by thenick_ttu »

abom2 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:28 pm The only thing that surprises me is that they are still in business. I guess not enough of us quit buying from them after SH. I know when folks inquire with me about on-line sources I warn them about CTD and explain their prior actions.
Completely agree. Not only do I not shop with CTD, I tell everyone I possibly can to avoid them like the plague. They are slime.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 2

Post by parabelum »

Nothing new from CTD. This is quite their normal modus operandi.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

hankintexas wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:01 pm They are notorious for bleeding gun owners. I saw Pmags advertised for 89.00 yesterday. Right after Sandy Hook, they raised the 100 round AR mags to $1000.00 each. When I questioned them about it on their FB site, I was banned.

I have not shopped with them since.

As a matter of fact, I would rather lick doorknobs in Wuhan, China than give them a dime.
:smilelol5:

bwdilli

Post by bwdilli »

What CTD did after Sandy Hook was worse than price gouging. They had completed sales that occurred before the incident that they had not shipped yet. They cancelled those sales and refunded the money. They marked up the items and resold them at the higher price.

That to me is unconscionable. If you can't trust that a retailer will complete a done deal, they don't need to be in business.

Marking up a product based upon market conditions is just part of doing business. But reneging should get you shut down.

cirus

Post by cirus »

I sent them a gth message the other day and told them to remove me from their email.

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

This behavior only stops when it is punished. We have to collectively remember and refuse to buy from them when times are good.

howdy

Post by howdy »

$99.99 for 50 rds of Winchester White Box. $179 for 500 rds of wolf .22lr.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

E10

Post by E10 »

I bought ammo from them when they started. Not really “cheaper than dirt,” but seemed reasonable at the time. Then, as time went on, I began finding better deals elsewhere and sorta forgot about them. Looked them up last year and was astonished at their prices. Nowadays I don’t bother any more.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I would bet that many of their customers are new to shooting and buying ammo.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

howdy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:52 pm $99.99 for 50 rds of Winchester White Box. $179 for 500 rds of wolf .22lr.
We are selling 50 round bags of 9mm FMJ for $24.99 .... when we can get it....and as of yesterday at closing time, we still had a few 100 left. Our latest batch is topped with 115 grain Xtreme Bullets' "hollow nose" copper-plated bullets. I believe these are intended for range/competition use, not SD; but as with any FMJ, bullet placement is king, and whoever gets shot with one stays shot, so.....
We also have 55 grain .223 FMJ. I forget the actual price but it was equally reasonable by today’s standard. We have a few 100 of those left for sale too. All of our ammo is manufactured to SAAMI spec for us, by a licensed ammunition manufacturer, from components that we buy and ship them. So availability is dependent upon our ability to obtain the components.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

loscar141

Post by loscar141 »

I just sent CTD.com a message, asking them what their policy on price matching is. i told them i was interested in their WWB 200rd for $274, but academy has it for $49. i did it just for laughs but if i get a response ill let yall know

I am so glad i stocked up before all this craziness, been tempted with selling a few guns when money was tight and it was looking like i wasn't gonna be able to make rent, or bills, but so far i been able to get it done with out pawning anything.

Mel

Re: Bought dirt lately?

Post by Mel »

I just bought 12 yards of "dirt" a few days ago and it was anything but "cheap".
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Return to “Never Again!!”