AL: 15 yo girl really punished for staying out late.

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

AL: 15 yo girl really punished for staying out late.

Post by philip964 »

https://www.cbs42.com/news/local/15-yea ... nto-house/

If I was biological dad, I would be petitioning for custody. Someone that stupid should not have custody of a child.

RoyGBiv

Re: AL: 15 yo girl really punished for staying out late.

Post by RoyGBiv »

This was definitely a worry when my kids were younger....
We had a talk about it with them... About both the dangers of being out late doing stupid things with stupid people, and about coming home unannounced to an armed house. Bottom line, we told them it was ok for them to be out as long as we knew where they were and to text us on the way home.

As much as I didn't want them to be out late, it was better to trust them than to risk having them sneaking around. As much as I certainly lost sleep (and hair :lol: ), trusting our kids and making them responsible for earning it was a good plan.

I hope the girl in the OP heals without complications. Getting shot in the abdomen is fraught with secondary issues.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Paladin »

In his book Leadership And Training For The Fight: A Few Thoughts On Leadership And Training From A Former Special Operations Soldier, Paul Howe discusses the life experience he has on the 2-way range regarding target discrimination and ALWAYS identifying your target.

That's a hard rule. ALWAYS identify your target.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

That is unacceptable. If you assume the responsibility of owning a gun, you need to be absolutely sure of what you are shooting at. Shawn Ryan made a great point about this on a video I watched of his recently, on his youtube channel “Vigilance Elite.” The video is a debate with a person invested in the defunding police mission. Good video.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

The clear failure of one of Cooper's four rules: Know your target and what is behind it.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

There is no excuse for this kind of thing! The step father should do jail time.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:42 pm There is no excuse for this kind of thing! The step father should do jail time.
:iagree:

Before confronting a possible intruder, all family members, who are “supposed” to be home should be accounted for.

I realize that this girl may not have wanted it known that she had violated curfew, but all of my kids knew that being late, was preferable to trying to sneak around. My question is, why would one believe that an intruder, would create enough noise by opening the garage door? My kids, knew to announce their arrival. I can guarantee you, that when my daughter was fifteen, we were not asleep until she was safely back in the house. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Jusme wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:32 pm. My question is, why would one believe that an intruder, would create enough noise by opening the garage door? My kids, knew to announce their arrival. I can guarantee you, that when my daughter was fifteen, we were not asleep until she was safely back in the house. JMHO
Meth?

Agreed wholeheartedly about not sleeping.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Jusme wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:32 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:42 pm There is no excuse for this kind of thing! The step father should do jail time.
:iagree:

Before confronting a possible intruder, all family members, who are “supposed” to be home should be accounted for.

I realize that this girl may not have wanted it known that she had violated curfew, but all of my kids knew that being late, was preferable to trying to sneak around. My question is, why would one believe that an intruder, would create enough noise by opening the garage door? My kids, knew to announce their arrival. I can guarantee you, that when my daughter was fifteen, we were not asleep until she was safely back in the house. JMHO
This!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

All of the above!!

Return to “Never Again!!”