Turret Press selection

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Tallinthesaddle
Posts in topic: 1

Turret Press selection

Post by Tallinthesaddle »

I have been looking at turret presses and have looked at two, the Redding T-7 and the RCBS turret press. Does anyone have any experience with either one or know of one that they recommend.

terrykaty

Re: Turret Press selection

Post by terrykaty »

I have used Redding T-7 for about 10 years. No issues. great quality. I don't use the primer feed,instead using the RCBS auto prime from the 70's

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

I always liked the Dillon catalogs and figured if I ever started reloading I'd go with their equipment.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

flechero

Post by flechero »

No experience, just research.... had considered both. I'd take the T-7 over the RCBS. For rifle it came down to the T-7 or CO-AX. I ended up going with a CO-AX, as it seemed the better choice for me. No shell holders, floating die set up and as quick a change as rotating a turret, without the play. And I liked the priming set up and spent primer discharge better. I'm sure the T-7 would have done just fine, but like all things in reloading, details for small preferences are the difference.

What are you planning to load? Rifle and pistol? how many calibers? And how much are you planning to load? You may be perfectly fine with the turret but if you load much qty in handgun, something like a 550 isn't too much more $ and may be a good option. You can run it like a single stage a turret or a progressive. Just thinking out loud.

Return to “Reloading Forum”