MOLLY coated lead

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
T.O.M.
Posts in topic: 1

MOLLY coated lead

Post by T.O.M. »

Has any one played with Molly coated lead bullets 1, does it work 2, any fouling problems with the barrel IE build up in the MICRO pours in the lands and groves
I am looking at subsonic projectiles 300 AAC and 350 Legion

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Re: MOLLY coated lead

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

T.O.M. wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:57 pm Has any one played with Molly coated lead bullets 1, does it work 2, any fouling problems with the barrel IE build up in the MICRO pours in the lands and groves
I used them years ago in 40 S&W and .45ACP. They worked fine, but I stopped using them because of the build up in the barrel. It was virtually impossible to get it out.

Chas.

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

Every time someone tells me about how lead is clean and cheap if you do it correctly, I notice that when I do it just isn't. I had to run another guy's reloads at a match awhile back, and the lead buildup on my compensator is a palpable ridge after one match. The cost of Hornady bulk 115 grain HAP is not sufficiently high for me to save money there. I combine it with Fiocchi lead free primers and go on about my business.....it's cents per round.

kg5ie

Post by kg5ie »

T.O.M. wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:57 pm Has any one played with Molly coated lead bullets 1, does it work 2, any fouling problems with the barrel IE build up in the MICRO pours in the lands and groves
I just ordered 1200 blue bullets in 9mm from http://thebluebullets.com. I’m going to test them out. Theirs are not powder coated and they size after coating is cured. We shall see.
Bill Davis [kg5ie]
TX LTC Instructor / School Safety Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor
http://safe-2-carry.com

Return to “Reloading Forum”