What to get with Dillon 550

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

What to get with Dillon 550

Post by RPBrown »

Well since Mrs Santa didn't bring the 550, I've decided to get one as my reward for quitting smoking. Will look at te TSRA show but if no one has one for sale there, Then I will order from Dillon the following Monday.

Now, other than dies, what all should I get with it. Case feeder, roller handle, primer feeder, or any other accessories?

All help would be appreciated. :confused5
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

jwp
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jwp »

I strongly suggest looking through the Dillon information on Brian Enos' web site before buying:

http://www.brianenos.com/pages/dillon.html

There's a lot of reading there, but he discusses all of the Dillon products with a thoroughness I've never seen elsewhere. Given your question, you might also want to look at his "EZ Buy" packages. Even if you don't need or want to go that route, they give a clear idea of a pretty complete reloading setup. This is useful even if your aren't going to buy Dillon stuff.

If you're going to spend over $400 on Dillon products, it's better to order from Enos than from Dillon directly. The prices are the same, but he gives free shipping on large orders and I don't believe Dillon does that.
-- John Pierce, jwpretd@satx.rr.com
A patriot must always stand ready to defend his country from its government. -- Edward Abbey

Return to “Reloading Forum”