German vistor looking for reloading equipment

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
NordicTexan
Posts in topic: 1

German vistor looking for reloading equipment

Post by NordicTexan »

First, I don't reload and I have no real knowledge on the subject so I am looking for advice

I got the following email from a colleague in Germany who will be coming in shorty for a meeting

"My trip in week38 I want to use for a shipping tour …. for reloading equipment in 9 mm luger for my Lee Pro 1000.
Is this stuff available in any gun store on stock?

I’m looking forward to my first trip to Texas 
Cheers Kai

PS: In Germany I need to pay more than double money for this stuff …."

The meeting is on the west side of Houston (I-10 and Beltway ish). Is there anywhere that I can send him that might have reloading supplies he can buy for the lee pro in the Houston area? He is looking for a turret plate, a shell press, and dies.

The other crazy question, is there any issue is shipping that internationally?

Again, I am a total N00B on reloading, so any advice is good.
NRA,
Sons of the American Revolution
Go Vandy

lfinsr

Re: German vistor looking for reloading equipment

Post by lfinsr »

Since no one else is jumping in...

All of what you're looking for should be readily available. I'm not familiar with the Houston area but any Bass Pro or Cabelas type shop will likely have what you need. A quick search turned up 10ring.com which seems to be on your side of town.

Regarding shipping, from a carrier (post office, UPS, etc.) point of view I see no problems. He should verify legality of what he's trying to do before spending money. As long as what he's trying to get back home is not primers or powder I would think it would be ok but truthfully I have no clue.

Larry
My guns won't be illegal, they'll be undocumented. :thumbs2:

wally775

Post by wally775 »

Carter's Country
8927 Katy Freeway

Quite an array of stuff for the reloader. :tiphat:

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jumping Frog »

Jeez, I typed a reply Friday morning and I must have failed to post it properly.

I'd suggest he purchases online from fsreloading.com, wideners.com, or directly from leeprecision.com, and then have the products shipped to you. He can then pick them up while he is here and bring them back.

The advantage to shopping at fsreloading.com is he can purchase lots of little, cheap, spare parts that are never going to be stocked at a retail outlet. Every serious Lee reloader that I know keeps spare parts "just in case". I load using the Loadmaster, and I have spare primer trays, primer sliders, o-rings, carrier, indexer rod, case sliders, charge disks, decapping pins, etc., etc., etc.

I've got about $30-$40 in spare parts inventory, and virtually anything could break on my press and I'll be back in operation as soon as I repair. Beats waiting for out of stock parts to ship overseas.

Your buddy can shop at leisure while still in Germany, and then spend his time here doing really fun stuff like shooting instead of shopping. :cheers2:
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

If he's looking for Lee equipment Titan Reloading is the place to go. Great prices, great service, fast shipping. They are a Lee distributor and about 99% of their stock is Lee. They also have an extensive stock of parts. :thumbs2:

Have him order it and ship it to you like JF suggested. :tiphat:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

MoJo wrote:If he's looking for Lee equipment Titan Reloading . . .
Thanks for reminding me! Yes, both Titan Reloading and FS Reloading are Lee Precision Master Distributors. Physically, the two businesses are within 3 miles of each other and both are within 3 miles of Lee Precision.

If you want parts or discounted presses and accessories, they are both good choices. Thanks for the reminder, MoJo. :tiphat:
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Thanks for the tip about FS Reloading Jumping Frog, they are new to me and added to my favorites. Thanks again. :tiphat:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

T.O.M.

Post by T.O.M. »

Your friend needs to know what the import export laws on loading equipment might before he transports it out of the USA good luck

Return to “Reloading Forum”