Bulk purchase of Precision Bullets?

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

CaptDave
Posts in topic: 5

Post by CaptDave »

GlockenHammer wrote:What's the story on these bullets and Glock octagonal barrels?
Hi Tim:

I called and asked Precision Bullets the same question, as I have an HK USP .45 with the polygonal barrel (that my son seems to think is his now :smilelol5: ).

Without libeling themselves they explained they had not heard of any issues and suggested if I wanted to, I should test them out (I already shoot them in my 1911) in the USP and determine if it looked like I had excessive fouling after shooting them.

So, I did. We shot an IDPA match composed of around 80 - 100 rounds.
After cleaning the firearm I did not find it more fouled or harder to clean than when I use reloads with Barry's 230g FMJ - or factory ammo for that matter.

This has been my experience. Hope that helped.
Last edited by CaptDave on Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"An armed society is a polite society"

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I'm going to call tomorrow and get as much information as I can from the owner. A big issue is how bulk orders are packaged. If they are in the same case quantities as when you buy by the single case, then we're fine. If all of one caliber and bullet weight are boxed together, then I don't think a group buy will be possible. We wouldn't be able to have people come from different parts of the State to take bullets back to their areas. Plus, someone would have to separate the bullets into the proper order size for each person ordering. This ain't happening folks!!

Another issue is how case lot orders are ordinarily shipped. If they use the Post Office's standard flat rate box, then shipping is only $8.95 per case. That's not going to be enough of a savings to warrant driving to Kemp. (That's 246 miles from Friendswood and 180 miles from Conroe.) Ordering 12 to 15 cases would only cost $107 to 135.00 to ship, so the trucks we'd use would burn enough $3.00 gas that the savings would be minimal and hardly worth the effort. However, if bulk orders are shipped via freight rates, it might be worth the trip.

If the packaging issue works out, then the group buy will still work even if we have them shipped to us. I'll take orders and payments, then send the order, money and shipping addresses to Precision.

If this works out, we may try to do it on a quarterly basis, or something similar.

I appreciate the interest folks; it may be a good way to make reloading a bit more economical for everyone.

Chas.

Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Venus Pax »

:woohoo
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

CaptDave
Posts in topic: 5

Post by CaptDave »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I'm going to call tomorrow and get as much information as I can from the owner.

"...If the packaging issue works out, then the group buy will still work even if we have them shipped to us. I'll take orders and payments, then send the order, money and shipping addresses to Precision."

I appreciate the interest folks; it may be a good way to make reloading a bit more economical for everyone.

Chas.
Charles: It is we who appreciate your interest in putting this together.

If all goes well, let us know when you're ready for our orders and checks!!!

Thanks for your time and effort on this. :txflag:
"An armed society is a polite society"

lrb111
Posts in topic: 1

Post by lrb111 »

If the packaging issue works out, then the group buy will still work even if we have them shipped to us. I'll take orders and payments, then send the order, money and shipping addresses to Precision.
If it works out that they will drop ship to us individually, then more orders will probably happen. Because the far western reaches will be able to participate.
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

Diode
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Diode »

Been using them for a while now and I like them. I'll check with my loading friend and see how many we'll want. You guys making a stop in Spring on your way back? :lol:

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Diode wrote:Been using them for a while now and I like them. I'll check with my loading friend and see how many we'll want. You guys making a stop in Spring on your way back? :lol:
If we make the drive rather than have them shipped, then I'm sure we can do that.

Chas.

Diode
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Diode »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Diode wrote:Been using them for a while now and I like them. I'll check with my loading friend and see how many we'll want. You guys making a stop in Spring on your way back? :lol:
If we make the drive rather than have them shipped, then I'm sure we can do that.

Chas.
A trip down to your end of town is cool too, keep me posted and I'll get a quantity for you guys soon.!

jim

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

I talked to Dave Long, owner of Precision Bullets, and here is the information we need. (BTW Dave is a great guy and I'm looking forward to dealing with him.)

The only large quantity discount is 10% beginning at 25,000 rds. The price of metal has been sky-rocketing so he can't afford any additional discounts. Shipping costs have also gone up due to the fuel costs, so all shipping is now done via U.S. Postal Service flat-rate boxes at $8.95 each. We couldn't save much if any money by picking them up in Kemp, plus we would have to distribute them ourselves. Now, all I have to do is send Dave the shipping list with name, address and email along with the quantity and style of bullets ordered.

Dave told me that lead is predicted to be going up again, so he may be raising prices by $3 to $5 per case (not per 1,000) soon. He also said some bullets may be in short supply and it may take a while to get some of the bullets shipped.

I plan to handle this is two phases. First, I'll take the orders and make sure we have 25,000 rds so we get the 10% discount. Once we meet this quota, I'll send an email to everyone to send me a check for their order. I'll deposit them into my account and send one check to Dave.

We need a cut-off date for this first order, so please get your emails to me by Saturday, June 23, 2007. If we meet the 25,000 minimum order, I'll send an email to everyone on Sunday. Please be ready to send your check to me as soon as you get the confirmation email, otherwise the entire order will be delayed.

You can get the information you need to fill out the order email from the Precision Bullets website.

Thanks,
Chas.

Please email your order to a new email address I set up just for bulk bullet orders - Bullets@TexasShooting.com Here is the information I need:

Name:
Address:
Telephone No.:
Email address:
TexasCHLforum username:
Order:
Bullet style & wt.
Number of cases ordered

Return to “Reloading Forum”