Bulk purchase of Precision Bullets?

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

SRVA wrote:I know a guy in Conroe who has a truck and is willing to travel.
I have a F250 that would love to be a help and I could see you guys. If you need me just give me a time a date in advance. :grin:

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

SRVA wrote:Jeremae, They smoke, but not excessively. The are about the same as lead-based bullets. I am used to using bullets with a jacketed base that give no smoke at all.

Steve
Their website claims no smoke at all. If they smoke like regular cast bullets, then that's an issue we need to consider. Part of my initial comments was that they didn't smoke, and I don't want to mislead anyone.

Chas.

SRVA

Post by SRVA »

Charles, They don't smoke like lead bullets, more like jacketed bullets with an exposed base.

Steve

ScubaSigGuy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
ScubaSigGuy wrote:I haven't started reloading yet, but if you can mix calibers I would be interested. Since I live North of DFW it appears that Kemp is a little over one hour from my home. I wouldn't mind making the trip and meeting someone for a transfer. This might make it easier for those in DFW and and East Texas to participate. Let me know.
This could work very well. We can put the order together and plan to meet at the factory in Kemp, then load the Dallas area order on your truck or trailer and we'll take the portion heading to Houston.

Chas.
Sounds good ,just let me know. I take Tuesdays and Wednesdays off typically but I could change with a little notice. Weekends are tough for me, however.

Maybe we can negotiate an even greater discount depending on how much larger the order gets. I would be happy to explore this option with them when we get a total number.
Last edited by ScubaSigGuy on Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

What is rnfp?
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 4

Post by longtooth »

round nose flat point.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

CaptDave
Posts in topic: 5

Post by CaptDave »

SRVA wrote:Charles, They don't smoke like lead bullets, more like jacketed bullets with an exposed base.

Steve
I agree with Steve.

I shoot "A LOT" of the Precision Bullets .45 200g SWC and the smoke is - in my opinion - minimal and is not an issue.

I'll be shooting these at the PSC match this weekend if anyone's interested.

Ok,
Dave
Last edited by CaptDave on Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"An armed society is a polite society"

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

SRVA wrote:I know a guy in Conroe who has a truck and is willing to travel.

That would be a fun trip. You, Marc and I could swap lies about how we are just as fast as we were when we were 20!

Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

If we get enough people interested to give us a really big order, I'll call and see if we can get a bigger discount for TexasCHLforum members. It'd be nice to have that kind of buying power, but who knows if we can get it.

Chas.

CaptDave
Posts in topic: 5

Post by CaptDave »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:If we get enough people interested to give us a really big order, I'll call and see if we can get a bigger discount for TexasCHLforum members. It'd be nice to have that kind of buying power, but who knows if we can get it.

Chas.
So, right now we're looking at what, about 8 cases, plus however many cases Charles and Marc go for.....plus who else????

How about we start an "order post" and get a firm idea about how many bullets we're talking about with a deadline date so we can get this off the ground. To confirm those that say " I'm interested, let me know..."

Well, we're letting you know.

Everyone who's interested speak up...

I have a truck and a trailer or two if we need them.
"An armed society is a polite society"

longtooth
Posts in topic: 4

Post by longtooth »

YEP :iagree:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

ScubaSigGuy

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

I am in for at least two cases... one .45, one 9mm and maybe more.
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

GlockenHammer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by GlockenHammer »

What's the story on these bullets and Glock octagonal barrels?

BobCat

Post by BobCat »

Counting from the beginning of the thread, I count ten cases spoken for at this point. I could be wrong - arithmetic was never my strongest skill - but it seems like a couple more cases puts us at 12.

I have an old pickup but no trailer, and I'm reluctant to take it too "far from home" but oculd be convinced, if necessary.

Regards,
Andrew
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

My offer still stands. I can't use the bullets because I do not reload. I can hall anything you buy. Trailers and F-250 V-10. I will pay for the gas. I just order all you want!

Return to “Reloading Forum”