What Did You Do In The Reloading Room This Week?

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

jason812
Posts in topic: 20

Re: What Did You Do In The Reloading Room This Week?

Post by jason812 »

Tin on ceiling done. The shadows really exaggerate the waves and where the nails are. Going to try and get trim pre cut and stained tomorrow.

I am also surprised how dark the room got. I thought the metal would keep it bright. No big deal because I will have lights above work stations. It might get brighter with a ceiling fan with multiple lights instead of the single light in there just to build.
Attachments
20190216_184218.jpg
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

AndyC wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:41 pm That's coming along nicely - I'm jelly :cheers2:
Thanks Andy.

Because I'm mentally handicapped when it comes to posting pictures on the forum, I apologize in advance for not putting these all in the same post.

For the tin on the ceiling, I ripped the first panel down so the AC duct, smoke detector, ceiling fan, and exhaust fan cutouts did not hit a V.

All the trim is finished. The base boards and top are 1x4's. For the corners I ripped a 1x4 down to 2". What's left is close to 1.25". I didn't measure it but it's close enough that when you put the 2" in the corner, then the small strip in the corner against the 2" strip, they look the same width.

Only petily things left to do. Put another coat of stain on the steel door and leave the wipe marks on for texture. Stain the door frame. If I was thinking I wouldn't have gotten a primed frame but a raw wood framed door. Then there's the silly outlet covers, find some paint for the exhaust fan grill and a galvanized ac duct cover. Oh yeah, and build a reloading bench and desk.

Room is 15x8 ft. The floor is epoxied in a light grey (I forget the exact color name). There are 11 110V outlets and 2 220V outlets. The 110V on the same wall as the 220V are fed from the sub panel. As are the 220V outlets. The rear 4 outlets are on a separate breaker and the rest on another.

At the door looking diagonally across the room.
Attachments
20190220_213837.jpg
Last edited by jason812 on Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Rear door side looking diagonally across.
Attachments
20190220_213902.jpg

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Rear looking diagonally to the door.
Attachments
20190220_213910.jpg

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Front corner opposite the door looking to rear
Attachments
20190220_213918.jpg

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 9

Post by crazy2medic »

Sized and decapped 100rds of military 556 brass, cleaned and removed military crimp, primed and then loaded 100rds of 62gr Barnes TSX and TTSX 50rds of each, all day project! I still have another 100rds to go!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

Learned to slow down and pay attention, with minimal damage to my wallet!
Attachments
FEB1CDE9-716F-4631-A13D-BAA5D85E1203.jpeg
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Boxerrider
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Boxerrider »

This was an Independence Day project that I'm finally posting.
While it isn't a real bench, and not nearly all of the accessories and supplies, this is my initial setup for handloading in an air conditioned space.
The board fits under the front of the desktop and clamps under the back of it with wingnuts, so it is fairly simple to remove the press for normal desk activities.

Matui vernier caliper came from my paternal grandpa and will always have a home here, but my eyes have an increasingly difficult time with the vernier scale.

Wanting to remain analog, I picked up a dial version from Ebay. Mitutoyo's in very nice condition - quick and easy to read.

Enjoy!
Jeff
Attachments
Reload Desk.jpeg
Vernier Caliper.jpeg
Dial Caliper.jpeg

wally775
Posts in topic: 1

Post by wally775 »

NICE.
:tiphat:

markthenewf
Posts in topic: 3

Post by markthenewf »

Fairly busy week. Cleared backlog of brass cleaining, got a Lyman #55 powder drop (my first manual one), and powder coated a pile of 230gr RN boolits that I cast about a month ago.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=9526
download/file.php?mode=view&id=9524
Attachments
0824191831_HDR.jpg
Cheers!

Mark

jason812

Post by jason812 »

It was easier to make progress when I didn't have a job. I am a month away from toys showing up that will go in my room and when they get here, it will make getting the bench or a desk in very difficult. So I finally started my bench today. I am building a bench based off the NRMA plans. I made a extension on the left to mount a vise and used 2 sheets of 3/4 plywood. Probably overkill but it should be plenty sturdy. So far I only got the top together. Will need to put plugs on top of screws to sand down and hide them. I will inlet a steel plate to mount the press similar to the one RCBS makes.

Sorry for the bad pictures, I still don't have lights in the shop.
20190825_203848.jpg
Attachments
20190825_204002.jpg

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Grayling813 »

Bought powder, primers, bullets and dies for reloading .223 and 9mm. Doing 9mm just for the experience of knowing I can if needed, can’t beat current bulk prices on 9mm ammo at .17/round.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Beiruty »

I got a 300BLK LEE dies to teach him reloading for his AR pistol. This is the good, the bad news all my reloading stuff is boxed while we renovate the garage. AC project is being considered and bids are solicited.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Return to “Reloading Forum”