Reloading, of course!!!

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

BobCat
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BobCat »

One possibility is to find a piece of 1-1/8" plywood (typically used for subfloor), and mount the press to it. Counterbore for the bolt heads (and washers) and put the bolts in from the botton, so the nuts (and washers) are on top.

You can get a couple of deep-throat C-clamps and clamp this to any convenient table top without having to drill holes in the table.

This is how I have my presses mounted, so I can change them out (very small table) fairly easily.

Just my 2¢ worth. Maybe someone will take you up on your original idea - I think it is a good one! And, at the same time you are loading, other people who do not (yet) reload can watch and get an idea of the process. Have fun!
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

rodnocker1

Re: Reloading, of course!!!

Post by rodnocker1 »

george wrote:
However, I have a nice Dillon 650 set-up, with all of the gizmos, that was given to me by a friend who gave up reloading.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Man, I could use a friend or two like that. About all I can get out of my "friends" is a hard time. :grin:
Rodney

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

It's very generous of you to consider setting it up at PSC for everyone else to learn.
If you decide against it, or if PSC can't accommodate it, BobCat seems to have a good idea.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

pbandjelly

Re: Reloading, of course!!!

Post by pbandjelly »

george wrote:But maybe we could help some of those new people who are thinking about reloading, or uncertain about the process, or unable to spend $2000 on a fancy set-up.

Possibly get together once a month or so, maybe after IDPA!!
I think that is a wonderful idea.

jhutto

Post by jhutto »

Not to be a downer but the range is good for shooting, not reloading.
I think the reloalding should be a organized and deliberate process/ I do not think a trip to the range with a bunch of people loading is condusive to this. It is easy to get distracted etc.

stroo

Post by stroo »

I have screwed my turret and single stage presses to oak boards, then C clamp them to my work bench in the garage. I needed to do this because I can't get the car in the garage if the presses are set up. Works great and if I ever want to work in the kitchen or elsewhere, I can very easily.

pbandjelly

Post by pbandjelly »

jhutto wrote:Not to be a downer but the range is good for shooting, not reloading.
I think the reloalding should be a organized and deliberate process/ I do not think a trip to the range with a bunch of people loading is condusive to this. It is easy to get distracted etc.
What if the range has a classroom, or this could be organized away from the shootin'?
I get what you're saying, though, that reloading should be given it's own level of safety concerns.

Return to “Reloading Forum”