Frankford Perfect Seat Hand Primer

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

LTUME1978
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Frankford Perfect Seat Hand Primer

Post by LTUME1978 »

Andy,

Please provide a report once you have had a chance to put it through the paces. I have used a Lee priming tool for years and have developed the "touch" for the most part. However, some case/primer combinations are a challenge (Remington small pistol primer in a Winchester 9mm case are a bear).

jason812
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jason812 »

AndyC wrote:I sure will - I've used a Lee for decades but after having primers go sideways in 300 BLK and not being able to seat them as deep as I wanted, I bit the bullet on this.
Andy, I hate to tell you but a sideways primer won't fully seat no matter what took you use. :biggrinjester:

I will be interested in seeing how it works.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

jason812
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jason812 »

That thing is a beast. I like how it is suppose to repeatedly seat the primer to the same depth and doesn't have to rely on feel.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

BSHII
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BSHII »

I have one, and love it. Other than the occasional double-feed and one jam that I was able to clear with a pencil, it has worked like a charm. Solid enough that I could probably run over it with a truck without hurting it, but I still get a good feel on the seating depth.

Return to “Reloading Forum”