+P brass

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
O6nop
Posts in topic: 1

+P brass

Post by O6nop »

I have some once used 45acp brass that is headstamped with +P . Is it any different than regular brass... thicker, stronger or more durable? Or is it just the way the manufacturer identifies it?
I believe there is safety in numbers..
numbers like: 9, .22, .38, .357, .45, .223, 5.56, 7.62, 6.5, .30-06...

lrb111

Post by lrb111 »

iirc, it is only so that one can discriminate between it and other loads, ie amount of powder. No other difference in the brass.
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

I +p and +p+ is to identify the ammo when it is out of the box. I have heard +p brass is thicker but I can't prove or disprove it.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

jazr45acp

Post by jazr45acp »

Somewhere I read that +P and +P+ brass have thicker webbing to withstand the extra pressure. I believe Starline has an article about the subject. Later. :grin:
In Christ,

Joel C.

Xander

Post by Xander »

I found this on the Starline product description page:
45 Auto+P is a strengthened version of the 45 Auto with the same external dimensions. A thicker web and heavier sidewall at base strengthens the case in potentially unsupported areas. This case has approximately 2 grains less internal capacity than the standard 45 Auto.
HOWEVER...The same isn't true for their 38 or 9mm +P brass.
38 SPL+P has no difference from the standard 38 SPL, other than headstamp designation for load segregation. Due to standard case design, will handle +P pressures with no problems.

9MM+P has no difference from the standard 9mm Luger other than headstamp designation for load segregation. Due to standard case design, will handle +P pressures with no problems.
http://www.starlinebrass.com/

For what it's worth.

Return to “Reloading Forum”