New: Lee APP press

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

K-Texas
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: New: Lee APP press

Post by K-Texas »

I don't cast any bullets but this is very interesting. I have thought once or twice about taking .358" cast lead bullets and reducing their diameter to .356" for 9mm loads. ;-)
Anything that can be corrupted by man; will be corrupted.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want . . .

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

I anticipate more dollars flowing from my bank account to Lee Precision.

flechero

Post by flechero »

I struck out looking for better pics or video of it. If the decapping process drops the spent primers directly through the center tube, straight down into the bottle, I'd be looking at it for a dedicated decapping station. (so you don't get a crud build up on the ram)

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

flechero wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:32 pm I struck out looking for better pics or video of it. If the decapping process drops the spent primers directly through the center tube, straight down into the bottle, I'd be looking at it for a dedicated decapping station. (so you don't get a crud build up on the ram)
I just bought a Lee universal decapping die and have been decapping a lot of brass this week. The debris from the primers really showed up when doing so much at a time. Had to clean and lube the ram yesterday.

flechero

Post by flechero »

Grayling813 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:09 am
flechero wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:32 pm I struck out looking for better pics or video of it. If the decapping process drops the spent primers directly through the center tube, straight down into the bottle, I'd be looking at it for a dedicated decapping station. (so you don't get a crud build up on the ram)
I just bought a Lee universal decapping die and have been decapping a lot of brass this week. The debris from the primers really showed up when doing so much at a time. Had to clean and lube the ram yesterday.
Yep i also use a Univ decapping die, with a little aluminum C press- which gunks up really fast. I have tried polishing the ram, oil, grease and dry lubricants. None of those things have prevented the gunk buildup. Most of the better presses have a primer and debris hole that runs all the way through the ram and exits below the press keeping any gunk or buildup from accumulating on the ram. I can’t tell from the pictures how the new Lee press disposes of primers.

K-Texas
Banned

Post by K-Texas »

AndyC wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:14 pm
K-Texas wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:27 pm I don't cast any bullets but this is very interesting. I have thought once or twice about taking .358" cast lead bullets and reducing their diameter to .356" for 9mm loads. ;-)
You can buy the inexpensive Lee sizing-kit for your press - $20:

Amazon
Thanks, Andy, got it bookmarked. ;-)
Anything that can be corrupted by man; will be corrupted.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want . . .

Return to “Reloading Forum”