Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
phddan
Posts in topic: 2

LC 04 223 brass

Post by phddan »

Laid to rest an Army vet yesterday. :patriot:
My wifes uncle.
POW, Purple Heart, Bronze Star, and five others I didn't recognize.
Army Honor Guard was at the funeral and did an outstanding job. Bugler made the bugle almost cry playing taps. 21 gun salute was crisp. The folding of the flag and presentation was solemn and very well rehearsed. Got a major lump in my throat.
Rest in Peace, Gene Owen. :patriot:

Now to get to the reloading part.
After the service was done, I looked over at where the 21 gun salute took place. My son, and my good friends son, were policing up the brass. Made both us reloaders proud. :grin:

Dan

Mithras61
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Mithras61 »

Interesting. When my F.I.L. was laid to rest, the Honor Guard policed the brass & re-boxed it for my M.I.L. I understood that this was a common thing, so I am a bit surprised that the Honor Guard left their brass lying there.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longtooth »

I too am surprised at that. I have officiated several funerals w/ honor guard salute. Two that died in active duty fire fight. Army Navy & Marine.
Every one of those picked up the brass. The Navy Honor Guard had a hard time finding it all but stayed til they did. Dont remember any reboxing it though.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
phddan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by phddan »

I just assumed they would police up their brass at first, but being this is the first one I've witnessed first hand, I really didn't know.

Dan

Return to “Reloading Forum”