Tula Small Rifle Primers

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
LTUME1978
Posts in topic: 2

Tula Small Rifle Primers

Post by LTUME1978 »

I am looking for information/experience. I bought 15K Tula Small Rifle Primers about 8-10 years ago to use in my ammo for ARs. They have been great up until this week. All of a sudden, they seem to be dead (won't fire with really good primer strikes). Maybe one in ten will fire. The primers have been stored inside in climate controlled atmosphere. Any ideas? I looked online for a Tula web site but could not find anything. Does anyone have any experience with Tula primers?

AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Tula Small Rifle Primers

Post by AF-Odin »

Do not have experience with the SRP, but have used several thousand Tula SPP. Have only had maybe a half dozen out of the thousands I have reloaded not ignite, about the same as my experience with CCI Sounds like you got a bad lot.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Topic author
LTUME1978
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LTUME1978 »

I have shot about 10,000 of these primers with no issues to date. This just started. All 15K are out of the same lot.

T.O.M.
Posts in topic: 1

Post by T.O.M. »

Have you changed anything in your lower IE hammer spring or Triger a lot of 3.5LB triggers will not set off a hard primers

Return to “Reloading Forum”