Dillon 750

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

flechero
Posts in topic: 4

some clarification

Post by flechero »

K-Texas wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:13 pm Bingo! The difference between a handload and a reload.

I believe that I already stated that I segregate 9mm cases by headstamp according to case-wall thickness. The easiest die to set up is the resizing die and I use 2 different sizing dies for "normal" and thicker cases. Same with .45 ACP.
That was the point I was trying to flush out- you are sorting to a high standard, not using a magical press. You can "handload" or "reload" on either type of press. I was trying to state such, albeit in a pretty poor way.

My position is that a properly set up progressive and a properly set up SS or Turret all can produce true match grade ammo... the biggest difference is the person loading, not the actual press or brass.

I got hung up on what I saw as a presumption that [all] progressives were inferior- and I think you were focused on the sorting and case consistency, which is more often done by SS and Turret users.

For the record, I agree that sorting is a key in super consistent ammo. (and do sort for important ammo)

Sometimes there is a significant gap between what my brain thinks and fingers type! :lol:

Return to “Reloading Forum”