Advice Needed

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bagman45
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Advice Needed

Post by bagman45 »

Sadly, if you don't already have the components that you need, it'll be a LONG while - if EVER, that you'll be able to buy them again for anywhere near a rational price. That said, since ammo is so absolutely stupid expensive, reloading still might make some amount of sense if you start buying components as they come available at anywhere near DOUBLE what they used to cost. Gear wise, just buy an RCBS single stage Rock Chucker outfit and other required bits - USED IF AT ALL POSSIBLE, and go from there. Just my $.02

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KC5AV »

Venture over to http://www.reddit.com/r/reloading.
They run a Discord server https://discord.gg/reloading dedicated to reloading.
(What's discord? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discord_(software))
They also have numerous notifications you can sign up for once you download/install Discord on your computer/phone/tablet, etc. I'm not sure if you have to be a member of reddit to use the discord server.
Just in the last several days, I've been able to purchase 6,000 primers, 700 6.5CM bullets, 250 pieces of brass for 6.5CM and 100 pieces for .308, and I'm actually struggling to remember what all else I've bought this week. Most of what I've ordered came from MidwayUSA and BassPro.com. I think the only thing I need that I haven't gotten is a set of dies for 6.5 CM, and I have those on backorder at Midway.
That said, it's often a matter of how quickly you respond. Several times, I got a notice that something was in stock, and it was sold out before I could load up the page - and that is with my credentials and card information saved, so you have to be quick, but you can get it.

I guess I really need to get around to finally building a bench for the press I bought 3 years ago.
NRA lifetime member

Topic author
RottenApple
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RottenApple »

Thank you all for the advice. I was going to reply after I picked up the parts Pawpaw was giving me, but the forum was offline. :shock:

Pawpaw gifted my wife and I with a Lee Classic Loader and Shot Shell Reloading Press. As he warned, there are some pieces missing, but I've signed up for notifications when they are back in stock and I occasionally look around on other sites. There was a fair amount of brass mixed in. Mostly in calibers my wife and I use. The primers have been sitting around in plain cardboard boxes for quite awhile, so I'm most likely not going to trust those. There were 5 cans of powder as well.

In the meantime, my wife and I are going to be building our bench*, cleaning up the press(es), and slowly accumulating the supplies we need.

*After discussing it with my wife, we're going to build a portable "break-down" bench with 2 stations (for each press). That way we can actually put on a movie, or music, or something and sit there and reload together. :lol::

orionengnr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by orionengnr »

Primers are very difficult to kill. If you have them, give them a try.

I have bought bullets at RMR, X-treem and Missouri Bullet recently. Takes a while to deliver, but they are producing and shipping.

Return to “Reloading Forum”