Android Trojan

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
comp73
Posts in topic: 2

Android Trojan

Post by comp73 »

If you are permanently connected to your android device like me, then this is not good news.

http://www.itproportal.com/2011/07/13/z ... g-rapidly/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apparently, the major impact is on banking software.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. -Thomas Jefferson

Bulldog1911
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Android Trojan

Post by Bulldog1911 »

Solution here:
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/s ... TAyNTQzMjI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:evil2: :evil2: :evil2: :evil2:
The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalms 27:1

Topic author
comp73

Post by comp73 »

Bulldog1911 wrote:Solution here:
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/s ... TAyNTQzMjI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:evil2: :evil2: :evil2: :evil2:
that is wrong on so many levels, but I'm still "rlol"
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. -Thomas Jefferson

Pug

Post by Pug »

AVG -- still my 1st choice.
:thumbs2:

quidni

Post by quidni »

Pug wrote:AVG -- still my 1st choice.
:thumbs2:
:iagree: PC and droid.
TSRA / NRA
KA5RLA
All guns have at least two safeties. One's digital, one's cognitive. In other words - keep the digit off the trigger until ready to fire, and THINK. Some guns also have mechanical safeties on top of those. But if the first two don't work, the mechanical ones aren't guaranteed. - me

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

I dislike the concept of running antivirus software on my phone.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

LikesShinyThings

Post by LikesShinyThings »

Dave2 wrote:I dislike the concept of running antivirus software on my phone.
Well, if you have a smart phone, it might be a smart idea to run antivirus software on it. I hear they are starting to be targeted. (I have a dumb phone, and kinda like it that way. One of these days, though, I'll shed my Ludite ways. :lol: )
TSRA Life Member, NRA Benefactor Member, TX CHL

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

LikesShinyThings wrote:
Well, if you have a smart phone, it might be a smart idea to run antivirus software on it. I hear they are starting to be targeted. (I have a dumb phone, and kinda like it that way. One of these days, though, I'll shed my Ludite ways. :lol: )
According to a quick Google search, there are only four antivirus apps for the iPhone:
1) A special secure web browser app... I don't really go to those sites.
2&3) Antiviral software from McAfee and Norton, the two companies whose products, in my experience, slow down PCs so much that you no longer care if they're infected.
4) Intego's software. Intego... I don't trust them. Every time (that I know of) that they announce they've found some hole in OS X security and their new software protects against it, news starts spreading of some new piece of malware which exploits said hole. There's never any proof that they're creating the malware, but the timing of it always smells fishy to me. As far as I know their software works as advertised, I just don't want to support what I imagine their business practices to be.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

What's an Android?

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Apple ftw.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Cosmo 9

Post by Cosmo 9 »

Oldgringo wrote:What's an Android?
Humanoid artificial life form.
These Pretzels are making me thirsty!

quidni

Post by quidni »

I don't carry a cell phone, I carry an android PDA. "Phone" is just one of the many apps it can run. :lol:
TSRA / NRA
KA5RLA
All guns have at least two safeties. One's digital, one's cognitive. In other words - keep the digit off the trigger until ready to fire, and THINK. Some guns also have mechanical safeties on top of those. But if the first two don't work, the mechanical ones aren't guaranteed. - me

LikesShinyThings

Post by LikesShinyThings »

Jack of all trades. Master of none.
I like a phone that is a phone. My PDA is my PDA. May never the twain meet. (Though PDA days do seem notably numbered.)
TSRA Life Member, NRA Benefactor Member, TX CHL

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”