Migrating Eudora email to Outlook

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Migrating Eudora email to Outlook

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I've been out of pocket for almost three days; two setting up a new laptop and a third day taking care of errands. I'll make a long story very short. I've been using Eudora as an email client for many years, but I want to use Outlook with my new computer. From what I can tell, Outlook 2003 will not import email from Eudora, but supposedly Outlook Express will and then I can import from Express to Outlook. However, all attachments will be lost because Outlook/Outlook Express handle attachments different than Eudora.

Does anyone have a better way of getting the Eudora emails into Outlook? There are several hundred of them; perhaps even a few thousand.

Thanks,
Chas.

Kalrog

Re: Migrating Eudora email to Outlook

Post by Kalrog »

I would start by looking into the ways that Eudora can export. That is probably more important than the Outlook Import.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Nathan is correct. See if Eudora will allow you to export to a .eml (Outlook Express) or .pst (Outlook Personal Folder) file. if so, then you can import into Outlook easily.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

BobCat

Post by BobCat »

Charles,

At work we used Eudora for many years, but as of Jan 1 2009 everyone was told we had to switch to Outlook - Eudora no longer supported.

The short story is that IT said to forget importing mail from Eudora, just keep it on your system as an archive, and use Outlook from now on. Could be there is no practical way to do it, could be our IT dept. does not care to provide support; no way to know.

If anyone posts an answer to your initial inquiry that is workable, I'll be grateful to know about it.

Regards,
Andrew
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

JJVP

Post by JJVP »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I've been out of pocket for almost three days; two setting up a new laptop and a third day taking care of errands. I'll make a long story very short. I've been using Eudora as an email client for many years, but I want to use Outlook with my new computer. From what I can tell, Outlook 2003 will not import email from Eudora, but supposedly Outlook Express will and then I can import from Express to Outlook. However, all attachments will be lost because Outlook/Outlook Express handle attachments different than Eudora.

Does anyone have a better way of getting the Eudora emails into Outlook? There are several hundred of them; perhaps even a few thousand.

Thanks,
Chas.
Not a user of Eudora, but found this on a search

http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/itsc/network/app ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://kb.its.psu.edu/psu-all/hd/eudoutlk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”