Opening link in new window

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
FishInTx
Posts in topic: 4

Opening link in new window

Post by FishInTx »

When I open a link in a new window it's half the size of my screen. I want it to take up most of the screen but not Full screen. I can drag the corners to enlarge it but that's a pain to do every time I open of a new thread or whathaveyou. I must have accidentally hit some keys to enable this function but can't figure out how to undo it. :headscratch TIA

RX8er

Re: Opening link in new window

Post by RX8er »

Most of the windows should remember their size if you hit the X. If this isn't working, try going to file and then close to see if that saves the window state.
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.
If guns kill people, do pens misspell words?
I like options: Sig Sauer | DPMS | Springfield Armory | Glock | Beretta

Topic author
FishInTx

Post by FishInTx »

Didn't work..I can click the maximize middle tab at top right to enlarge but all windows open up small....

RX8er

Post by RX8er »

What Windows version? Is this just for one program or for all windows you open? If for IE, what version?
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.

RX8er

Post by RX8er »

Here's something I had saved from PC Mag:
Many readers report problems with IE's window sizing. Like its cousin Windows Explorer, IE has a notoriously bad memory for certain things, window sizes among them. Here is a technique that often fixes the problem, though it's not guaranteed. First, close all open IE windows, then launch IE again. Right-click on any link and choose Open in New Window. Resize the resulting secondary window to the size you want for all secondary windows.
Now close the window by holding the Shift key and clicking the X icon in its top-right-hand corner. Set the remaining window to the size you want IE to have when initially launched, and close it in the same way. IE should now remember your preferred window sizes. If it forgets after a while, apply this simple fix again.

Topic author
FishInTx

Post by FishInTx »

windows 7. When I open Texaschlforum.com it opens full but any thread when I right click opens half size. Same with any other site I use. Thanks for the help btw.

Left click opens full window, right click, open in new window, opens in half page...

Edited..

Topic author
FishInTx

Post by FishInTx »

I tried your first tip again holding down the shift key and it worked!! Thanks. :tiphat:

RX8er

Post by RX8er »

FishInTx wrote:I tried your first tip again holding down the shift key and it worked!! Thanks. :tiphat:
Your'e welcome. you just got back to me first.... I was going to ask if you were holding down ctrl. this seems to be the trick that does it.

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”