Any Publicdata.com users

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
TEX
Posts in topic: 1

Any Publicdata.com users

Post by TEX »

Does anyone else here use publicdata .com It was great when it started out, but it has gotten kind of lame and it databases are old. I was wondering if there was any other subscription type service like tis that was better.

TEX
There will be no peace until they love their children more than they hate us - Golda Meir

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I use it for Church employees and workers. I would be interested to know if there is another out there for the price.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I have had an account for a few years...If the information is dated, then its due to "new" folks who have gone the wayward way recently...Those that have a record, and that have not been updated with recent offences doesn't matter that much to me, the record is there...

I agree, that as a paying customer they need to keep the criminal and sexual offender databases updated as much as the current title information on vehicles and other catagories that they do keep current...

But most of the cooberating information is free on the state website in that regard...

I just happen to occasionally check up on the registered offenders in my nieghborhood...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

I am an extensive user of publicdata. It is a GREAT resource. It is the best one that you don't have to be in a speciality industry to subscribe to.

I pay about 2.5 cents per search there. That is GREAT.

TEX, what specifically, are you running there. I may be able to give you some help.
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

BobCat

Post by BobCat »

I've had an account since being membership director at Bayou Rifles. It is a good service - not perfect, since some of the databases it accesses are not up-to-date - but well worth the $25 / year.

If more people knew how easily their name could be obtained from their license plate number, I think they would drive a little more carefully.
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

One thing publicdata.com has taught me: leasing a car gives a bit more "privacy" as far as public records go.

Also, about 80% of the people that speed through my neighborhood lease their cars.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”