YouTube

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
narcissist
Posts in topic: 3

YouTube

Post by narcissist »

Just so you know to my knowledge if you use Youtube on a phone to watch videos ect. Samsung G-6 up asks for your phones password/encryption key to use the app. Some kind of "verifying" trick---> It's best to use your browser and NOT the app at all, Works just as good by the way.

Iphone/apple (not sure) just android platforms but it could be the same way? If they ask to "verify" through app. Best if you dont do it, of course its up to you.

Not sure why or if [ where ] they are sending the encryption keys to. Just a Saftey/Privacy notice for everyone who still believes in "Privacy".
Last edited by narcissist on Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 2

Re: YouTube

Post by SQLGeek »

I have never seen that on my Samsung phone.
Psalm 91:2

SIGFan43

Post by SIGFan43 »

I have been getting the same "whole screen" notification on my Samsung Tab E. I just hit the home key and start over. It looks fishy to me.
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

SQLGeek wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:38 pmI have never seen that on my Samsung phone.
Ditto.

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

SIGFan43 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:08 amI have been getting the same "whole screen" notification on my Samsung Tab E. I just hit the home key and start over. It looks fishy to me.
This?
Settings>Display>Full Screen Apps?

Ameer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ameer »

"Just Say No"
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

Topic author
narcissist

Post by narcissist »

SQLGeek wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:38 pm I have never seen that on my Samsung phone.
Mainly at the time of set-up of the phone, most people wont even realize it.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

As I said, I have never seen that. And I read through all of those permissions requests and configuration settings.
Psalm 91:2

Topic author
narcissist

Post by narcissist »

SQLGeek wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:04 pm As I said, I have never seen that. And I read through all of those permissions requests and configuration settings.
I read what you said but this isn't something that you could call them about and they would admit to. Just a suggestion of course in no way shape or form would you have agree with me.

Love your Screen Name the SQL part would stand for SQL "injection" im taking just a long shot here :smilelol5: . Just to Test your knowledge what was the code +++atho used for?

SIGFan43

Post by SIGFan43 »

warnmar10 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:23 am
SIGFan43 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:08 amI have been getting the same "whole screen" notification on my Samsung Tab E. I just hit the home key and start over. It looks fishy to me.
This?
Settings>Display>Full Screen Apps?
Not exactly. Last night, the whole screen said something to the effect, "Update app now." It didn't say anywhere what app it was, but I did just open my YouTube app; that's when I was interrupted by the whole screen notification. I clicked the home screen button, and went to the Play Store, and there it was for YouTube...the word "Update" beside the YouTube icon. I clicked it to update, but it never at any point asked me to login or for password or encryption key. This must be a regular update for me. That other message people are getting sounds fishy. If it were me, I would back out and do a fresh login for YouTube, then check the Play Store for an update like I did.
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”