Online chl recommendations

Links to various government agengices, resources & statutes, and non-governmental CHL-related links

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Mike S
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Online chl recommendations

Post by Mike S »

Here's two for you to check out. I'm not affiliated with either, & I haven't personally seen their course materials:

https://texascarrycourse.com/courses
(I had one student that used this one for the classroom portion, & came to me for the range portion. He spoke highly of the content. Described it as no-frills or fluff, straight to the point & clearly presented the materials. He said it was also the cheapest one he found).

https://str8-shot.com/
(This one is only $5 more, and he's a member here. I haven't had any students use his online course, so don't have any independent feedback).

Regarding your comment about the online Classroom option, it was passed by the Legislature pre-COVID.

STR8-SHOT
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Online chl recommendations

Post by STR8-SHOT »

Thanks for the plug Mike S.

glock27, both times that I’ve been reviewed by DPS, each by different reviewers, both have said that my content is among the top two of all the OCPs. That’s unofficially of course. I do have 15 years of law enforcement experience and over 20 years of university teaching experience. My content is professionally voice recorded over slides I created myself and reflects the same direct, to-the-point in-class content that I cover with stories and examples to help make it more appealing. My content is just over the min 4 hour requirement and also includes the range instruction and proficiency demonstration explanation, which I cover again at the range. I’m an experienced firearms instructor with my agency and run a safe, low-stress and well-communicated firing line that students appreciate and do well with.

I’m in the process of partnering with ranges and LTC instructors across the state to refer my students for their proficiency demonstration. Look forward to talking to anyone interested for more information.

David

Return to “Government resources & CHL-related links”