Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Skiprr
Posts in topic: 1

Federal Microstamping Legislation Introduced

Post by Skiprr »

From NRA-ILA:
Friday, February 08, 2008

This week, Senator Edward M. Kennedy (D-MA) and Congressman Xavier Becerra (D-CA) introduced "microstamping" legislation titled the "National Crime Gun Identification Act of 2007." The bill is co-sponsored in the Senate by Senators Feinstein (D-CA), Menendez (D-NJ), Lautenberg (D-NJ), Durbin (D-IL), Schumer (D-NY), and Reed (D-RI).

Commenting on the bill's introduction, Kennedy said, "Micro-stamping ammunition is an important and effective method of tracing guns, and provides law enforcement with a much-needed resource in solving crimes."

Actually, microstamping has never been implemented. Legislation was passed in California at the end of last year, but has not been implemented. Therefore, claiming it is an "effective method" is not correct. On the contrary, there are numerous and varied problems with micro-stamping (for additional information on those flaws, please click here: http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets ... &issue=078).

The measure has support from the usual gun ban groups, such as the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, the Brady Campaign, and others.

Of course, we will continue to actively monitor this legislation and will apprise you of any developments.
This one deserves a close watch, I think.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Federal Microstamping Legislation Introduced

Post by flintknapper »

delete
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Return to “Federal”