What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Know your enemy

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Here is a link to the Brady Campaign endorsements from Texas. I find it very telling and comforting that they can only find four candidates they find worthy of their endorsement. But, remember there are sheep in wolves’ clothing.

Chas.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/media/?pag ... elease=837

AggieMM

Post by AggieMM »

I'm also leery of candidates when asked if they support the 2nd Amendment respond with something like "I'm for hunters". That's not the same thing as supporting the 2nd Amendment, in my opinion.......

Ryan

Lodge2004

Post by Lodge2004 »

I guess they don't need to show the party affiliation of these candidates. If anyone is wondering, they are all Democrats.

Regarding the "I support hunting" comment you hear from many politicians, it guarantees a NO vote from me. Sort of like asking if they support mandatory retirement of pilots at age 60 and they respond with "I support helmet use for skydivers". The question and answer may indirectly involve airplanes, but that's about as close as they come.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

AggieMM wrote:I'm also leery of candidates when asked if they support the 2nd Amendment respond with something like "I'm for hunters". That's not the same thing as supporting the 2nd Amendment, in my opinion.......

Ryan
:iagree: totally!!!

If you are running for elected office, I believe you're either going to be adamently supportive of the concept across the board, or you're no use to the movement...

This is not a moderate issue IMO...

I am in agreement with Charles and some folks in the NRA and TSRA that we are ahead of the "wave" so to speak, and that the gains we have had in Texas far outwieght any challenges we have had against our right to keep and bear arms...

Sure, there are some hot topic, button pushing things we'd love to have done in 2007, and a few "red herrings" have been identified and discussed here that could leverage some bills that would benefit us in the long run...

Many of us bend the ear of these elected officials and continue to have a great working relationship with them over these last few years...

I believe that regardless of what happens next week, we will see some great things happen next session...

Oops, then I realize I'm in the Federal section...

"I think we're goobered in D.C." :lol:

Everytime I venture into the Federal arena...I get the urge to bury my arsenal...hehehe Yeah right...

"But maybe thats the time we need to keep them handy?" huh???

I love that quote someone threw out there years ago...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Me too. 2nd Amendment aint got nuthin to do w/ deer hunting.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

longtooth wrote:Me too. 2nd Amendment aint got nuthin to do w/ deer hunting.
:iagree:

Return to “Federal”