BATFE To Ban Common AR-15 Ammo

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 6490
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: BATFE To Ban Common AR-15 Ammo

#91

Post by Pawpaw » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:57 pm

MeMelYup wrote:There should be no law about the use of any ammunition. The only law on ammunition should be for the use of a type that is used in the commission of a crime.
I disagree completely. There should be no law on ammunition, period.

Your idea would lead to the banning of FMJ first, and the rest in short order.

I've seen it reported numerous times that guns taken from criminals often have a hodgepodge mix of ammo, most likely from different stolen sources. Otherwise they typically have FMJ, presumably because it's the cheapest.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member

User avatar

TVGuy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1088
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:47 am
Location: DFW

Re: BATFE To Ban Common AR-15 Ammo

#92

Post by TVGuy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:01 pm

Pawpaw wrote:
MeMelYup wrote:There should be no law about the use of any ammunition. The only law on ammunition should be for the use of a type that is used in the commission of a crime.
I disagree completely. There should be no law on ammunition, period.

Your idea would lead to the banning of FMJ first, and the rest in short order.

I've seen it reported numerous times that guns taken from criminals often have a hodgepodge mix of ammo, most likely from different stolen sources. Otherwise they typically have FMJ, presumably because it's the cheapest.
I think he means actual ammo used in a crime, not the type of ammo used in a crime.

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 6490
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: BATFE To Ban Common AR-15 Ammo

#93

Post by Pawpaw » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:21 pm

TVGuy wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
MeMelYup wrote:There should be no law about the use of any ammunition. The only law on ammunition should be for the use of a type that is used in the commission of a crime.
I disagree completely. There should be no law on ammunition, period.

Your idea would lead to the banning of FMJ first, and the rest in short order.

I've seen it reported numerous times that guns taken from criminals often have a hodgepodge mix of ammo, most likely from different stolen sources. Otherwise they typically have FMJ, presumably because it's the cheapest.
I think he means actual ammo used in a crime, not the type of ammo used in a crime.
You're probably right, but that's not how it reads.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member


MeMelYup
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1874
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:21 pm

Re: BATFE To Ban Common AR-15 Ammo

#94

Post by MeMelYup » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:55 pm

What was ment was: if you use a firearm in the commission of a.crime, that's 5 years tacked on your sentence, if you use armour piercing ammunition that's another 5 years.

User avatar

LDB415
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 1196
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:01 am
Location: Houston south suburb

Re: BATFE To Ban Common AR-15 Ammo

#95

Post by LDB415 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:18 am

What was meant was, you use a firearm in the commission of a crime it's automatic capital punishment. Period. Doesn't matter what type ammo. No argument by defense that it was or wasn't a certain type. Now, it does require irrefutable DNA confirmation along with the conviction to be sure the wrong person isn't convicted. That said and done, it's the firing squad or hanging or needle or whatever method ASAP.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

User avatar

C-dub
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 12
Posts: 12710
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: DFW

Re: BATFE To Ban Common AR-15 Ammo

#96

Post by C-dub » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:10 am

LDB415 wrote:What was meant was, you use a firearm in the commission of a crime it's automatic capital punishment. Period. Doesn't matter what type ammo. No argument by defense that it was or wasn't a certain type. Now, it does require irrefutable DNA confirmation along with the conviction to be sure the wrong person isn't convicted. That said and done, it's the firing squad or hanging or needle or whatever method ASAP.
It sounds good on paper, but we gotta be careful with those automatic things. Something always comes up and everyone says, there should be an exception.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

User avatar

LDB415
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 1196
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:01 am
Location: Houston south suburb

Re: BATFE To Ban Common AR-15 Ammo

#97

Post by LDB415 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:54 am

Yes, that was the digest version. It would need a little more filling out, 2 maybe even 3 paragraphs total.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

User avatar

LSUTiger
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1113
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:36 pm

Re: BATFE To Ban Common AR-15 Ammo

#98

Post by LSUTiger » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:14 pm

The ATF's Ammo Ban Is Back…in the Form of a New Bill From Democrats

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/03 ... democrats/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?


rotor
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3326
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: BATFE To Ban Common AR-15 Ammo

#99

Post by rotor » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:28 pm

Well, while the debate goes on
http://www.sgammo.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

has it for $419.50 /1000 with a $16 shipping cost for PMC green tip brass case, reloadable, non-corrosive. This is about where the price range should be and not for that berdan primed stuff that was out there. SGammo are good folks.

User avatar

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 2593
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: North Dallas

Re: BATFE To Ban Common AR-15 Ammo

#100

Post by Bitter Clinger » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:33 am

The Annoyed Man wrote:I just ordered this book: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005EN ... UTF8&psc=1.

I bought it because I read this article, which I HIGHLY recommend: http://xtribune.com/2015/01/kill-11-mil ... ve-chills/.
I do love to read about history and past governments and was given this book by a friend. The title piqued my curiosity. Who would write a book like this? “How Do You Kill 11 Million People?” by Andy Andrews. It’s very short and took me all of 25 minutes to read. However, I’ve never been so frightened by a book in my life. I sat in my big, comfy chair with chills racing down my spine and my jaw hanging open. The answer is all too simple and frighteningly, all too familiar.

I’m not going to quote the whole book here, you’ll have to buy your own to read the whole thing, but the points that struck me the most were as follows:
{——SNIP——}

The most dangerous thing any nation faces is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them….

Have you ever wondered why American doesn’t have a balanced budget? Have you ever in your life heard of a politician who wasn’t for a balanced budget?

Have you ever heard a politician speak in favor of a complicated tax code that ordinary citizens would find difficult to understand? Then why do we have a complicated tax code that ordinary citizens find hard to understand?

By the way, have you ever noticed that if any of us (citizens) lies to them (politicians), it is a felony? But if any one of them lies to us, it is considered politics…

Can 311 million Americans ever hope to wrestle the power away from 545?…”
Just read this last night. Thank you for posting! Definitely agree with and support your recommendation!
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Post Reply

Return to “Federal”