BATFE To Ban Common AR-15 Ammo

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 4

Re: BATFE To Ban Common AR-15 Ammo

Post by Pawpaw »

MeMelYup wrote:There should be no law about the use of any ammunition. The only law on ammunition should be for the use of a type that is used in the commission of a crime.
I disagree completely. There should be no law on ammunition, period.

Your idea would lead to the banning of FMJ first, and the rest in short order.

I've seen it reported numerous times that guns taken from criminals often have a hodgepodge mix of ammo, most likely from different stolen sources. Otherwise they typically have FMJ, presumably because it's the cheapest.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TVGuy »

Pawpaw wrote:
MeMelYup wrote:There should be no law about the use of any ammunition. The only law on ammunition should be for the use of a type that is used in the commission of a crime.

I've seen it reported numerous times that guns taken from criminals often have a hodgepodge mix of ammo, most likely from different stolen sources. Otherwise they typically have FMJ, presumably because it's the cheapest.
I think he means actual ammo used in a crime, not the type of ammo used in a crime.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Pawpaw »

TVGuy wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:

I think he means actual ammo used in a crime, not the type of ammo used in a crime.
You're probably right, but that's not how it reads.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

What was ment was: if you use a firearm in the commission of a.crime, that's 5 years tacked on your sentence, if you use armour piercing ammunition that's another 5 years.

LDB415
Posts in topic: 5

Post by LDB415 »

What was meant was, you use a firearm in the commission of a crime it's automatic capital punishment. Period. Doesn't matter what type ammo. No argument by defense that it was or wasn't a certain type. Now, it does require irrefutable DNA confirmation along with the conviction to be sure the wrong person isn't convicted. That said and done, it's the firing squad or hanging or needle or whatever method ASAP.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 12

Post by C-dub »

LDB415 wrote:What was meant was, you use a firearm in the commission of a crime it's automatic capital punishment. Period. Doesn't matter what type ammo. No argument by defense that it was or wasn't a certain type. Now, it does require irrefutable DNA confirmation along with the conviction to be sure the wrong person isn't convicted. That said and done, it's the firing squad or hanging or needle or whatever method ASAP.
It sounds good on paper, but we gotta be careful with those automatic things. Something always comes up and everyone says, there should be an exception.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Yes, that was the digest version. It would need a little more filling out, 2 maybe even 3 paragraphs total.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

LSUTiger

Post by LSUTiger »

The ATF's Ammo Ban Is Back…in the Form of a New Bill From Democrats

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/03 ... democrats/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

rotor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rotor »

Well, while the debate goes on
http://www.sgammo.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

has it for $419.50 /1000 with a $16 shipping cost for PMC green tip brass case, reloadable, non-corrosive. This is about where the price range should be and not for that berdan primed stuff that was out there. SGammo are good folks.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I just ordered this book: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005EN ... UTF8&psc=1.

I bought it because I read this article, which I HIGHLY recommend: http://xtribune.com/2015/01/kill-11-mil ... ve-chills/.
I do love to read about history and past governments and was given this book by a friend. The title piqued my curiosity. Who would write a book like this? “How Do You Kill 11 Million People?” by Andy Andrews. It’s very short and took me all of 25 minutes to read. However, I’ve never been so frightened by a book in my life. I sat in my big, comfy chair with chills racing down my spine and my jaw hanging open. The answer is all too simple and frighteningly, all too familiar.

I’m not going to quote the whole book here, you’ll have to buy your own to read the whole thing, but the points that struck me the most were as follows:
{——SNIP——}

The most dangerous thing any nation faces is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them….

Have you ever wondered why American doesn’t have a balanced budget? Have you ever in your life heard of a politician who wasn’t for a balanced budget?

Have you ever heard a politician speak in favor of a complicated tax code that ordinary citizens would find difficult to understand? Then why do we have a complicated tax code that ordinary citizens find hard to understand?

By the way, have you ever noticed that if any of us (citizens) lies to them (politicians), it is a felony? But if any one of them lies to us, it is considered politics…

Can 311 million Americans ever hope to wrestle the power away from 545?…”
Just read this last night. Thank you for posting! Definitely agree with and support your recommendation!
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Return to “Federal”