BATFE To Ban Common AR-15 Ammo

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
suthdj
Posts in topic: 2

BATFE To Ban Common AR-15 Ammo

Post by suthdj »

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2015021 ... ar-15-ammo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

stroo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: BATFE To Ban Common AR-15 Ammo

Post by stroo »

If I am reading this right, it also bans most common 7.62x39 ammo too.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by K.Mooneyham »

This seems like one of those things where they haven't got any traction in other areas, so they are going to make things uncomfortable for American firearms owners any way they can. Specifically, by banning M855 from sale and therefore forcing prices up by artificially reducing the supply.

Topic author
suthdj

Post by suthdj »

Is this just ball ammo or does it include SP an HP?
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

C-dub
Posts in topic: 12

Post by C-dub »

stroo wrote:If I am reading this right, it also bans most common 7.62x39 ammo too.
Whoa! Where did you get that? I don't see it. Is there a handgun that fires 7.62x39? I think that is one of the requirements for their messed up reasoning.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

LSUTiger
Posts in topic: 3

Post by LSUTiger »

AK pistols 7.62x39

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/compone ... l?Itemid=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 10

Post by The Annoyed Man »

suthdj wrote:Is this just ball ammo or does it include SP an HP?
It is specific to M855, on the reasoning that it is "armor-piercing" ball ammo. Standard 55 grain FMJ would be unaffected.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

This fits nicely with the proposed ban on citizen owned body armor.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

M855 doesn't even fit with their own definition of AP ammunition.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

C-dub wrote:M855 doesn't even fit with their own definition of AP ammunition.
Since when does what the ATF much less any fed agency or department do have to make sense or fit any rule of law?

:mrgreen:
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

SRH78

Post by SRH78 »

C-dub wrote:
stroo wrote:If I am reading this right, it also bans most common 7.62x39 ammo too.
Whoa! Where did you get that? I don't see it. Is there a handgun that fires 7.62x39? I think that is one of the requirements for their messed up reasoning.
Of course there is, the Draco.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

SRH78 wrote:
C-dub wrote:
Of course there is, the Draco.

[ Image ]
Oh yeah. I remember in the past thinking that thing must be a bear to fire with the recoil.

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

Well just about everyone is now sold out of M855, when you do find it its prohibitively expensive. So at least for now the ATF is getting what it wants. I will say I hope everyone will take a moment to lodge a comment on the ATF's website against this proposed change. Just like with the NFA Trust issue if they get enough that it takes them forever to respond to each one, we can successfully delay the change for a while if not outright kill it.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Maybe while everyone is trying to snatch up every round of M855 they can find they will ignore the .22LR and that will become easier to find soon.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Where is the US congress? You know, the body that is supposed to pass the laws in this republic.

Return to “Federal”