What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
tomneal
Posts in topic: 1

BATFE Director Resigns

Post by tomneal »

See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

RoyGBiv

Re: BATFE Director Resigns

Post by RoyGBiv »

tomneal wrote:Was it his idea?
Seems unlikely.

Vaya con Dios, Comrade.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Post by joe817 »

Sounds like it. Get out while the getting is good. :lol:

" The man brought in to repair one of the nation’s top law enforcement agencies after it was scarred by a gun-running scandal is stepping down, ABC News has learned.

Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Director B. Todd Jones has informed Attorney General Eric Holder he plans to resign, effective March 31. Jones has secured a new job in the private sector in New York City, and may be joining a professional sports league, ABC News was told. "

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/atf-dire ... d=29779602" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Actions, thoughtless and otherwise, have consequences. :thumbs2:
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Stuff like this when there's a D in the White House always makes me worried who will replace them. Whoever it is, hopefully it will only be a temporary position for less than 2 years.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Forced to resign for backing down on AR ammo ban, I bet.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

mojo84 wrote:Forced to resign for backing down on AR ammo ban, I bet.
:iagree:

EEllis
Banned

Post by EEllis »

Jumping Frog wrote:Actions, thoughtless and otherwise, have consequences. :thumbs2:
And in this case it's almost certainly a higher paid, easier job.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

EEllis wrote:
Jumping Frog wrote:Actions, thoughtless and otherwise, have consequences. :thumbs2:
And in this case it's almost certainly a higher paid, easier job.
I'd like one of those.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

mojo84 wrote:Forced to resign for backing down on AR ammo ban, I bet.
That may play a part in it, but I think it is more that he made the administration look really really bad. The attempt to ban M855 created a perfect poo-storm in the court of public opinion, and worse yet, it confirmed in the public's mind that Obama would get rid of guns by hook or by crook........by executive order, if he couldn't get it done in Congress. B. Todd Jones published the ban on M855 in the 2014 rules before he ever opened it up for comments...... then he had to backtrack and call that a "publishing error". His attempted ban was criticized by the nation's police chiefs, who said that BATF had failed to demonstrate that there was even a problem.

This one really blew up in the administration's face, particularly when it got splashed all over social media that the criteria BATF was using would effectively ban ALL rifle ammo.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

IMO, he was the fall guy for the failed attempt to begin strangling the ammunition supply to shooters. I also think that we may in our extreme caution about anything coming from the Obama Administration, figure that the Administration in general is a lot smarter than they actually are. It's my thought that they decided to float a test balloon and we shocked that it not only got shot down, but literally blown out of the sky. So, B Todd goes out the door. If he takes a job with the NFL as rumored, it'll pretty much complete my view of the NFL and to me, render it an irrelevant organization and sport. Their treatment of Rush Limbaugh both as a commentator and later as a potential owner and the very public sacrifice of Hank Williams, Jr., pretty much soured me on the NFL's relevance to me. The their owners and players can have their league and politically correct mindset. They'll just do it without me or anyone I can impact.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

joe817 wrote:Sounds like it. Get out while the getting is good. :lol:

" The man brought in to repair one of the nation’s top law enforcement agencies after it was scarred by a gun-running scandal is stepping down, ABC News has learned.

Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Director B. Todd Jones has informed Attorney General Eric Holder he plans to resign, effective March 31. Jones has secured a new job in the private sector in New York City, and may be joining a professional sports league, ABC News was told. "

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/atf-dire ... d=29779602" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I heard he was opening a gun store in NY, NJ and DC.

:smilelol5:
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

Busykngt

Post by Busykngt »

This isn't the original article I recall reading because House members listed at the end of this article were listed at the beginning of the artice I really wanted to post a link to (but couldn't find). I think it was pressure from these guys on the left, that finally made him give up the ghost. He had just suffered through all the outrage from "the gun lobby" [that's us]. And I think he finally just said, "to hell with it all...I'm getting a cushy sports-related job somewhere." To which I say, :hurry:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/03 ... democrats/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

And, it just gets even worse:

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles ... ector.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The new ATF DIrector has excellent "Fast and Furious" credentials.... :mad5
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Return to “Federal”