Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 32

Re: Cruz Declares Candidacy for POTUS 2016

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

mojo84 wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:Inauspicious.

Liberty U. Students Forced to Attend Ted Cruz Speech, Make Stand for Rand
I strongly object to Senator Cruz's choice of venue for the announcement of his 2016 presidential bid: as is well-known by Liberty University students but considerably less well-known by the general public, all students are required to attend convocation every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Sen. Cruz is a friend of the Liberty University administration and has spoken at convocation in the past. As such, he knows that all students are required to be in attendance. I bear no ill will toward Sen. Cruz, but his choice to announce his 2016 presidential bid at convocation at Liberty University is a starkly deceptive one. Should the general public be unaware that all students are required to attend convocation, it would seem to the average viewer (as this will be televised and is already being widely publicized) that 10,000 supporters came to Liberty University to hear Sen. Cruz's announcement. However, every student in attendance has no say in the matter. Students will either attend convocation and lend to the illusion of widespread support for Sen. Cruz, or they will be subject to administrative punishment--specifically, four reprimands and a $10 fine--if they are absent. While Sen. Cruz has every right to run for president and to announce his candidacy, it is a highly deceptive, albeit politically savvy, move on Sen. Cruz's part to make his big announcement here. I do not support this action, and I am not alone in my belief that such deception is wrong.

There's always some that will complain and object to anything. If he hadn't done it there, some would say he is ignoring the conservative young folks.
Thats kind of bull actually.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

mojo84 wrote:
I think declaring someone as not being electable at this point is shortsighted and misguided. Just because you fall in the moderate conservative group doesn't mean someone is not electable.
As you said we disagree. However, again I'll restate I support him, and frankly anyone running. New blood and strong opinions are the lifeblood of the democratic process.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

If you listen to his speech, you'd understand. He said that millions of Christian conservatives do not vote. His appeal was directly to them. Get off your duffs and get to the polls and we can win this thing.
I'm not a Christian conservative. I'm a libertarian. I don't want some foam at the mouth bible thumper trying to use the government to tell me what to do any more than some Austin/Berkeley Nanny stater.

EDIT: I actually have no problems with Christian conservatives or their beliefs. Its not my fault they don't understand a proper service involves a bottle of wine at the sermon, and many bottles of wine at the social that evening. :cheers2:
I just don't want them telling me what to do any more than any one else telling me what to do.
Last edited by Cedar Park Dad on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TVGuy »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:
If you listen to his speech, you'd understand. He said that millions of Christian conservatives do not vote. His appeal was directly to them. Get off your duffs and get to the polls and we can win this thing.
I'm not a Christian conservative. I'm a libertarian. I don't want some foam at the mouth bible thumper trying to use the government to tell me what to do any more than some Austin/Berkeley Nanny stater.
I couldn't agree with your statement more.

Jason K
Banned
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Jason K »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:

EDIT: I actually have no problems with Christian conservatives or their beliefs. Its not my fault they don't understand a proper service involves a bottle of wine at the sermon, and many bottles of wine at the social that evening. :cheers2:
I just don't want them telling me what to do any more than any one else telling me what to do.
So why would you vote for Bush/Romney/Christie? They pretty much support every nanny-state position that Wendy Davis would....

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:

I interpret what you are trying to say is that you do not want to be coerced. And rightfully so. And no thinking individual is going to fully 100% embrace any political party platform. But at the end of the day, as others before have stated, we need to be active and do what's best for the country, even if we don't always fully agree with and share every single position with a particular candidate. We do not have the luxury of being single issue voters. IMHO we need to focus on returning to our common sense conservative values, and Cruz is clearly electable: http://www.the-conservative-underground ... z-can-win/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by anygunanywhere »

Those who state that Ted Cruz has no experience seem to forget that the current loser in chief has not ever produced anything worthwhile in his entire life.

Ted Cruz beats most if not all other candidates hands down in just his intellectual ability and his love for the Constitution.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Jason K wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:

So why would you vote for Bush/Romney/Christie? They pretty much support every nanny-state position that Wendy Davis would....
I didn't vote for Romney. Are you talking Jeb Bush, Bush I or Bush II? I like some of Jeb Bush's policies, others I don't and I am predisposed against familiy political dynasties.
Christie would be fun in a debate but his position on gun control makes him a pretty heavy nonstarter to me.

As I said before the Republicans will nominate Walker / Rubio.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

anygunanywhere wrote:Those who state that Ted Cruz has no experience seem to forget that the current loser in chief has not ever produced anything worthwhile in his entire life.
Yep both he and Cruz are one term Senators.
Ted Cruz beats most if not all other candidates hands down in just his intellectual ability and his love for the Constitution.
The guy was on the floor of the Senate reciting Green Eggs and Ham? Isn't Obama cited for his intellectual ability?
You're not helping your case here. :bigear:

mojo84
Posts in topic: 22

Post by mojo84 »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:Those who state that Ted Cruz has no experience seem to forget that the current loser in chief has not ever produced anything worthwhile in his entire life.
The guy was on the floor of the Senate reciting Green Eggs and Ham? Isn't Obama cited for his intellectual ability?

Focusing on exactly what the progressives want. That's the way filibusters go. Get over it.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

mojo84 wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:

Focusing on exactly what the progressives want. That's the way filibusters go. Get over it.
How do you know what the progessives want?

I do not like green eggs and ham!
(I do however like scrambled eggs and bacon)

Jason K
Banned
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Jason K »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:
Jason K wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:

I didn't vote for Romney. Are you talking Jeb Bush, Bush I or Bush II? I like some of Jeb Bush's policies, others I don't and I am predisposed against familiy political dynasties.
Christie would be fun in a debate but his position on gun control makes him a pretty heavy nonstarter to me.

As I said before the Republicans will nominate Walker / Rubio.
I'm referring to the current Bush (Jeb) on the political scene. In a few years, we'll probably be talking about George P. Bush....assuming that there still is a Republican Party....or that one can tell the difference b/t the two parties.

I'm still cautious about Walker and Rubio. They seem conservative enough (anti-union, pro-2A), but Rubio's pro-amnesty position is a liability....and Walker hasn't seemed to do much other than bust up a teachers' union or two.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:

It's obvious. How do you know Cruz isn't electable and it will he Walker/Rubio?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

mojo84 wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:

Its obvious? They don't want to talk about green eggs and ham? While I don't like green eggs it always makes me slightly hungry.

Walker has high approvals. Rubio is a darkhorse with good approvals and can start reaching out to the hispanic vote again. People forget Bush II won a sizable hispanic vote.

Walker has proven conservative cred with his budget activities and surviving a recall election started by his enemies. Plus he's actually run something which knocks out half the contenders. Republicans like people who've run something.

Cruz' negatives are very high and he's not run anything yet. He has no allies. Part of being President, perhaps the most important part, is being able to bring multiple sides to the table. Being a bomb thrower is ok, but they don't make for effective Presidents, and rarely get the chance to try.

Nevertheless they are needed. We couldn't have a Reagan without a Goldwater preceding him.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:

Its obvious? They don't want to talk about green eggs and ham? While I don't like green eggs it always makes me slightly hungry.

Walker has high approvals. Rubio is a darkhorse with good approvals and can start reaching out to the hispanic vote again. People forget Bush II won a sizable hispanic vote.

Walker has proven conservative cred with his budget activities and surviving a recall election started by his enemies. Plus he's actually run something which knocks out half the contenders. Republicans like people who've run something.

Cruz' negatives are very high and he's not run anything yet. He has no allies. Part of being President, perhaps the most important part, is being able to bring multiple sides to the table. Being a bomb thrower is ok, but they don't make for effective Presidents, and rarely get the chance to try.

Nevertheless they are needed. We couldn't have a Reagan without a Goldwater preceding him.

In other words, you don't know. ;-)

Return to “Federal”