Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Another craven democrat attempts an AWB

Post by The Annoyed Man »

https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/114/hr4269
Summary
To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes.
The part that really scares me is the "and for other purposes". What other kind of crapulence are they thinking up to crush liberty?

The bill was introduced a couple of days ago. 123 craven democrats are co-sponsoring it. The rest of the caucus wishes to be reelected.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Another craven democrat attempts an AWB

Post by powerboatr »

me to
:rules:
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JALLEN »

No need to worry.

There are thousands of bills introduced each Congress, only a few hundred will be acted on, yea or nay. These antics are for those who feel the need to be able to say, "I introduced legislation, to lead the fight...." in the next campaign, where it will be a plus in their district.

The vast majority of these bills will be referred to committee where they will die an unnoticed death, as expected, and intended. Nobody expects them to be read even.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

JALLEN wrote:No need to worry.

There are thousands of bills introduced each Congress, only a few hundred will be acted on, yea or nay. These antics are for those who feel the need to be able to say, "I introduced legislation, to lead the fight...." in the next campaign, where it will be a plus in their district.

The vast majority of these bills will be referred to committee where they will die an unnoticed death, as expected, and intended. Nobody expects them to be read even.
Yeah, I get that, but it just seriously chaps my hide anyway.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Federal”