What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

Cruz is out.

Post by The Annoyed Man »

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/t ... ace-222763
Ted Cruz on Tuesday night dropped out of the presidential race, ending one of the best-organized campaigns of 2016 after a series of stinging defeats left Donald Trump as the only candidate capable of clinching the nomination outright.

Cruz had appeared likely to go all the way to the Republican convention, but a string of massive losses in the Northeast, and his subsequent defeat in Indiana, appear to have convinced him there’s no way forward.

“From the beginning I’ve said that I would continue on as long as there was a viable path to victory,” Cruz said, with his wife Heidi by his side. “Tonight I’m sorry to say it appears that path has been foreclosed.”

“With a heavy heart but with boundless optimism for the long-term future of our nation, we are suspending our campaign.”
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

winters
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Cruz is out.

Post by winters »

Finally. If he wasn't such a bible beater he could won more states.

ELB
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ELB »

I am not surprised, but I am downhearted. We are well and truly screwed.
USAF 1982-2005

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mrvmax »

I'll wait for a few months then say I told you so to all the Trumpsters that drank the Kool Aid. I still do not understand how so many people have been fooled by Trump.

Dave2
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Dave2 »

ELB wrote:I am not surprised, but I am downhearted. We are well and truly screwed.
Yep... I was holding out hope that for the first time in my life (I'm 37), I'd be able to vote for someone rather than merely voting against someone else.

Time to start looking at 3rd party candidates, I guess.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Dave2 wrote:
ELB wrote:I am not surprised, but I am downhearted. We are well and truly screwed.
Yep... I was holding out hope that for the first time in my life (I'm 37), I'd be able to vote for someone rather than merely voting against someone else.

Time to start looking at 3rd party candidates, I guess.
And the perfect way to GARUNTEE Hillary is our next POTUS. :banghead:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Bryanmc
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bryanmc »

Just remember, every vote withheld in protest is as good as a vote for Hillary or Bernie.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Bryanmc wrote:Just remember, every vote withheld in protest is as good as a vote for Hillary or Bernie.
:iagree:

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AJSully421 »

Dang it... Alright, I am now officially a Trumpet.

But I am playing taps.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

Bryanmc wrote:Just remember, every vote withheld in protest is as good as a vote for Hillary or Bernie.
^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep!

Just a thought, but I wonder what a Trump/Cruz ticket would do?
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Just remember that every vote not cast in protest or for a third party candidate and not Trump was brought on by the republican party and if Hillary is elected it's not the fault of the people that didn't vote for Trump. The blame lies squarely on the inept elected republicans during at least the last 8 years if not more.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

flintknapper wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep!

Just a thought, but I wonder what a Trump/Cruz ticket would do?
That could be interesting, but I doubt it will happen.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

jason812 wrote:
Just remember that every vote not cast in protest or for a third party candidate and not Trump was brought on by the republican party and if Hillary is elected it's not the fault of the people that didn't vote for Trump. The blame lies squarely on the inept elected republicans during at least the last 8 years if not more.
So, would you sacrifice your gun rights and many other freedoms just to show that you didn't really like Trump? Cause that's what we will get if we don't all band together and support whoever that has an actual chance of beating her!!
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Federal”