Cruz is out.

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Cruz is out.

Post by The Annoyed Man »

parabelum wrote:How about Trump/Cruz ticket?

I think that would be as good of a ticket as it gets. Probably won't happen, but you never know.
I'd rather see Cruz in a SCOTUS seat.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RPBrown »

Scott B. wrote:Trump doesn't believe in anything that doesn't have his name on it. We know Hillary is rabidly against the 2A. Trump's only pro-2A (or anything else) for it as long as it's politically expedient and that should scare the stuffing out of you.

This says it better than I can, but I haven't gotten to that last part yet.

"Donald Trump is unfit to be president. He’s a braggart and a liar. And a serial adulterer. He’s behaved shamefully during the primary campaign. He wouldn’t recognize the Constitution if he tripped over it in the street. He doesn’t know even the Cliff Notes version of any policy issue. The idea that the party of Lincoln and Reagan, Coolidge and Eisenhower, Justice Harlan and Senator Taft has nominated Trump is appalling.

And I’m going to vote for him anyway."

- Mark Krikorian in National Review Online.

I have to agree. I also think he is a Obama in republican clothing. Unfortunately, he is all we have to beat Clinton and that is the # 1 priority.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

Post by The Annoyed Man »

TEXXX wrote:As I sit here now trying to decide on whether or not to vote for Trump or not vote at all I wonder if it has sunk in to the Republican leadership that they are COMPLETELY RESPONSIBLE for this mess were in or if they even care :mad5
Of COURSE it hasn't sunk in! The kind of denial it took to get us to this point is exactly the kind of denial that will deny responsibility for the current situation. They are alcoholics standing at the political bar, and they neither know when they've reached their limit, nor do they understand the concept of limits.

They are feckless idiots. Really, a monkey could have done a better job.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

Hopefully he'll pick a VP candidate that can fill in some of his gaps. An actual conservative, maybe?

Never contemplated Cruz on SCOTUS.... Interesting idea. Could he ever get past the Senate for confirmation? Maybe they'd be glad to promote him so they didn't have to put up with him in the chamber? :lol:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Liberty
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Liberty »

RoyGBiv wrote:Hopefully he'll pick a VP candidate that can fill in some of his gaps. An actual conservative, maybe?

Never contemplated Cruz on SCOTUS.... Interesting idea. Could he ever get past the Senate for confirmation? Maybe they'd be glad to promote him so they didn't have to put up with him in the chamber? :lol:
That would cause me to actually vote for the Donald, But I've never heard of a candidate actually announcing a Judge before they take office.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

mojo84
Posts in topic: 12

Post by mojo84 »

Liberty wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:Hopefully he'll pick a VP candidate that can fill in some of his gaps. An actual conservative, maybe?

That would cause me to actually vote for the Donald, But I've never heard of a candidate actually announcing a Judge before they take office.

If I recall correctly, Donald said he would release a list of 10 to 12 that would be the pool from which he would chose. I haven't ever heard of that before either. I think we are in for a lot of things we haven't heard of before.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

dhoobler
Posts in topic: 9

Post by dhoobler »

TEXXX wrote:As I sit here now trying to decide on whether or not to vote for Trump or not vote at all I wonder if it has sunk in to the Republican leadership that they are COMPLETELY RESPONSIBLE for this mess were in or if they even care :mad5
:iagree:
I think that the seeds of the Trump phenomenon were sewn in 2012, when the republican establishment shoved Romney down our throats. Romney was for abortion before he was against it. He was for gun control before he was against it. In the year that the defining difference between democrats and republicans was government run health care, republicans nominated the guy who invented it. I think that Trump represents backlash against the republican establishment for their disdain of the base.

That said, I will be voting straight R in November. The thought of Ms. President is too gut wrenching to even contemplate.
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

dhoobler

Post by dhoobler »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
parabelum wrote:How about Trump/Cruz ticket?

I think that would be as good of a ticket as it gets. Probably won't happen, but you never know.
I'd rather see Cruz in a SCOTUS seat.
:iagree:
TSRA Life Member

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Keith B wrote:
jason812 wrote:
Bryanmc wrote: So, would you sacrifice your gun rights and many other freedoms just to show that you didn't really like Trump? Cause that's what we will get if we don't all band together and support whoever that has an actual chance of beating her!!
Of course he would, and he'd blame everyone but himself.

Either Trump or Clinton will be the next President. Anyone who doesn't help make Trump the next resident of the White House will be responsible for everything Clinton does, including packing the Supreme Court for the next 30 years.

Chas.

I voted for Cruz. I really dislike Trump but will vote for him again and again over Clinton. People cry about always voting for the least objectionable candidate... Well that's life. And life is tough. I want to keep my rights so I will vote for Trump. I don't like it but I just have to do it. :mad5
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Liberty
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Liberty »

The thing is what has Trump ever done to support the 2nd amendment. or any of the issues of conservatives. .. I don't mean what has he said , because he has lied and changed his mind too many times to be believed.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Scott Farkus

Post by Scott Farkus »

They don't. Boehner's "Ted Cruz is Lucifer" comments confirmed that, if there was still any doubt.

dhoobler

Post by dhoobler »

Liberty wrote:The thing is what has Trump ever done to support the 2nd amendment. or any of the issues of conservatives. .. I don't mean what has he said , because he has lied and changed his mind too many times to be believed.
True enough, but we know that we can believe Hillary when she tells us what she will do to the 2nd amendment.
TSRA Life Member

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

I have been a Trump supporter from the beginning, but would have readily voted for Cruz had he been the nominee. The Democrats must be defeated.

PBR

Post by PBR »

I think the only way Hillary doesn't win is a Trump / Cruz ticket. That is the only hope for beating her and still not sure on it. Main problem is Trump and Cruz has dealt so many blows to each other I can't see Cruz doing it or Trump having too much pride to ask him.
Houston, Tx.
DPS Received - Jan. 26th
Received Pin# - Feb. 25th
IN HAND!!!!!! June 9th

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Stock up on your ammo and magazines...You will beat the rush in November after Hillary is elected. :???:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “Federal”