94%
Clinton
6%

Total votes: 228

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Post by Syntyr »

For those of you voting for Hillary here is her statement on Gun Violence from her website.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/briefing ... -violence/
Advocate for comprehensive federal background check legislation.
Close the “Charleston Loophole.” Clinton will push Congress to close the “Charleston Loophole” that allows a gun sale to proceed without a completed background check if that check is not complete within three days
Tighten the gun show and Internet sales loophole if Congress won’t
Repeal the gun industry’s unique immunity protection.
Support legislation to prohibit all domestic abusers from buying and possessing guns.
Make straw purchasing a federal crime.
Improve existing law prohibiting persons suffering from severe mental illness from purchasing or possessing a gun.
Keep military-style weapons off our streets. Military-style assault weapons do not belong on our streets. They are a danger to law enforcement and to our communities. Clinton supports keeping assault weapons off our streets.
So if you support these ideals then by all means proceed. But don't come crying to the rest of us when you new pistol comes from an approved list with only 10 options, comes with an added $1000 tax, manadatory insurance, required saftey interlock, has a 5 round magazine, and you can only buy 5 rounds for it every other month. When was the last time you were able to afford the 20k to go buy one of those military "style" assault weapons? How is that working out for you? This is all headed down the same path. They will not give up.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Reading that garbage from Clinton makes me insane.

Straw Purchases are illegal. Lying on 4473 is a FELONY. See https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download

If we're going to allow manufacturers to be sued for people misusing their products, boy howdy does the car industry, alcohol industry, hammer and knife manufacurers have something coming for them.

As far as the "Charleston Lopphole," what exactly will this solve? Also, as I recall, senate democrats killed a decent compromise bill this summer related to this "loophole" which would have had some semblance of due process in place. https://www.texastribune.org/2016/06/20 ... e-fails-s/. Simply denying people their second amendment rights because of a slow bureaucratic system that is ineffective is unacceptable.

Keep military style assault weapons off the street? Because
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/20 ... 0-2014.xls
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/20 ... 9-2013.xls
http://freebeacon.com/issues/fbi-gun-mu ... e-to-fall/
https://mises.org/blog/fbi-us-homicide-rate-51-year-low
http://thefederalist.com/2014/11/11/kni ... e-control/
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Pastor Mark Burns: We are not voting for Trump's past flaws but for his present policy ideas (via Judge Jeanine Pirro).
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

mojo84
Posts in topic: 20

Post by mojo84 »

v7a wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Not those of us that supported and voted for another candidate during the primaries.
Fair point. There's a distinction between "Trump voter" and "Trump supporter".
However, my guy didn't win the nomination and it does the country no good to publicly slam the only viable option to Hillary.
Ah, but therein lies the rub: Trump being viable is subjective opinion and not fact (and of course the same goes for my opinion that Trump isn't and never was viable as a general election candidate). Many of us warned during the primary that Trump wouldn't stand a chance against Hillary. As far as we're concerned, Hillary won the Presidential election on July 19th. When Trump is only +4 in Texas (of all states) three weeks out from the election, it beggars belief that Trump is going to win enough battleground states to get to 270 electoral votes. It's not impossible, but I consider McMullin winning Utah and throwing the election into the House as more likely (as unlikely as that is).
Here's some poll data for you.

Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Syntyr »

[quote="mojo84"][/quote]

Polls, Polls, Polls...

Dont know what to make of them but I do like video.

Raw video from Trump's rally in Cincinnati yesterday. Wow the crowds...

Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Pawpaw »

Syntyr wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
Polls, Polls, Polls...

And Hitlery has trouble filling a high school gymnasium.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 15

Post by bblhd672 »

Pawpaw wrote:
Syntyr wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
Polls, Polls, Polls...

And Hitlery has trouble filling a high school gymnasium.
That's because millions of Hillary supporters cannot find someone who will dig them up, take them to the rally and back to their graves afterwards.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

mojo84 wrote:
infoman wrote:Wow, I've been a member of this forum for many years & probably know as much or more about gun laws & General CHL/LTC than most on this forum yet I get called a "troll" & bashed for saying I'm voting a certain way. In regards to gun control, I know that neither candidate will ban owning guns, neither will "do away" with the 2nd amendment & there will most definitely be a TEXAS LTC 4 years from now. I'm also not for constitutional carry. I'm glad Texas has eligibility requirements for those wanting LTC's. I'm glad that we do thorough background checks & I'm proud to have & know others who have an LTC knowing they are law abiding citizens. Again, no one will ban the owning/carrying of handguns in Texas- no way no how. It's a state thing, the Texas legislature would have to make that call.

I am confident Hillary would work to severely limit gun ownership as she has publicly indicated. How successful she would be is an unknown at this point. However, that is not the only issue.

You ignored my previous question. What has she done or what positions, specifically, makes her your preferred choice? I listed quite a few reasons she shouldn't be a liberty minded moral person's choice and am interested in why people think she is the best choice.
I received the same answer on here when I asked the question about Hillary's accomplishments.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/10022/vid ... e-stephens
The good folks over at Campus Reform hit the streets again in search of well-informed Democrat voters who can pinpoint just one thing Hillary Clinton has accomplished in her entire adult life working in politics. This turned out to be an impossible task.

In the clip (below), the students of Georgetown University are perplexed when reporter Cabot Phillips asks them to follow up their support for Crooked Hillary with an example of what she's done as a career politician. Phillips opens by stating that Fox News released a poll this week "showing that a majority of young people view Hillary Clinton as a positive role model."

"Today we're asking students what about Hillary makes her admirable," says Phillips.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

To that think Hillary won't take our LTC away, you may be right. However, what good will our LTC be if she gets her way?

http://bearingarms.com/beth-b/2016/10/1 ... 00-biased/

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TVGuy »

Syntyr wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
Polls, Polls, Polls...

I wish that was some predictor of voting outcomes, but Romney had massive crowds in 2012 and look where that got him.

Just one of many examples:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... ney-in-pa/

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Skiprr »

I strongly debated (pun intended) either watching another fingernails-on-blackboard presidential debate, or watching on demand the sequel to the movie Independence Day.

Forty-five minutes in, I'm still watching the debate. But I bought some .22 LR CCI Mini-Mags from Midway USA while I watched. Made me feel better about the whole thing...especially after Hillary contended the core of the whole Heller decision centered around safety for "dozens of toddlers."
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 15

Post by bblhd672 »

To the Hillary voters: if you are wrong about her intentions are you going to willingly and enthusiastically turn in your firearms when the Clinton administration says you must?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I have come to the conclusion. While one is less bad than the other, neither is the answer. Only God can save us at this point.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Flightmare »

Skiprr wrote:I strongly debated (pun intended) either watching another fingernails-on-blackboard presidential debate, or watching on demand the sequel to the movie Independence Day.

Forty-five minutes in, I'm still watching the debate. But I bought some .22 LR CCI Mini-Mags from Midway USA while I watched. Made me feel better about the whole thing...especially after Hillary contended the core of the whole Heller decision centered around safety for "dozens of toddlers."
I ordered some .45 ACP. I'm good on .22 LR for as little as I shoot it.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Pawpaw »

mojo84 wrote:I have come to the conclusion. While one is less bad than the other, neither is the answer. Only God can save us at this point.
I agree with you completely, but we can make His job easier by electing Trump. If Klinton gets elected, it will require a miracle of truly biblical proportions.

... like the earth opening up and swallowing DC whole.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “Federal”