What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPBrown
Posts in topic: 3

Medical Marijuana or gun-Feds say cant have both

Post by RPBrown »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/marij ... li=BBnbcA1

Per the story, ATF says regardless of state law, if you have a medical marijuana card, you are using it illegally and cannot own a gun
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Medical Marijuana or gun-Feds say cant have both

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I bet states that are thumbing their noses at federal law aren't telling marijuana "patients" the impact on their Second Amendment rights.

Chas.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

If it's legal for recreational use (Colorado, DC, etc), no "registration" is required... but you would have to lie on the TX application, which I assume is perjury..
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

RoyGBiv wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:23 pm If it's legal for recreational use (Colorado, DC, etc), no "registration" is required... but you would have to lie on the TX application, which I assume is perjury..
Isn't the statement you swear to that you aren't addicted, not that you don't haven't used it?

Makes no difference to me, I can't even use tylenol pm without side effects. ...lol

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

flechero wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:35 pm
RoyGBiv wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:23 pm If it's legal for recreational use (Colorado, DC, etc), no "registration" is required... but you would have to lie on the TX application, which I assume is perjury..
Isn't the statement you swear to that you aren't addicted, not that you don't haven't used it?

Makes no difference to me, I can't even use tylenol pm without side effects. ...lol
I was curious about this, so I looked it up....from:

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/4473- ... 9/download
e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.

Allons

Post by Allons »

Sessions, not too popular right now with Trump, so could see this one happening.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

apostate

Post by apostate »

Not that I mind decriminalizing weed but it would be nice to see Trumo support hearing act protection or reciprocity or something other than a bump stock ban.

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

Allons wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:53 pmSessions, not too popular right now with Trump, so could see this one happening.
Sessions is dead to me.

Allons

Post by Allons »

warnmar10 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:42 pm
Allons wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:53 pmSessions, not too popular right now with Trump, so could see this one happening.
Sessions is dead to me.
No argument here.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

apostate wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:58 pm Not that I mind decriminalizing weed but it would be nice to see Trumo support hearing act protection or reciprocity or something other than a bump stock ban.
ditto. i use CBD oil for various ailments and as such it has caused me to fail drug tests due to false positives... i'd like to see weed decriminalized just for the fact that i've never smoked weed and dont ever plan on it but the CBD oil which is legal in all 50 states, causes people (who would rather use natural remedies instead of deadly chemical medicines) to flag false positives for employment. but id like to see trump do more pro 2A things as well.
NRA Member

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Grundy1133 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:42 pm
apostate wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:58 pm Not that I mind decriminalizing weed but it would be nice to see Trumo support hearing act protection or reciprocity or something other than a bump stock ban.
ditto. i use CBD oil for various ailments and as such it has caused me to fail drug tests due to false positives... i'd like to see weed decriminalized just for the fact that i've never smoked weed and dont ever plan on it but the CBD oil which is legal in all 50 states, causes people (who would rather use natural remedies instead of deadly chemical medicines) to flag false positives for employment. but id like to see trump do more pro 2A things as well.
Same here with CBD oil. My daughter also uses CBD oil to help relieve some of the MS side affects she has on occasion. The standard medical treatment is very high doses of steroids which are absolutely hazardous by leaps and bounds over CBD.

For those who may not know, CBD dos not have an intoxicating affect.

As far as the smoking marijuana deal, it never occured to me one would be violating gun laws.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

To me, legalizing Mary Jane ain't no more gonna' cause anybody to take it up than legalizing liquor is gonna' cause somebody to start drinkin'. It's kinda' like criminals going to the gun store for their gun.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Oldgringo wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:17 pm To me, legalizing Mary Jane ain't no more gonna' cause anybody to take it up than legalizing liquor is gonna' cause somebody to start drinkin'. It's kinda' like criminals going to the gun store for their gun.
They could give it away for free and I would not use it. Same goes for my Daughter and SIL. Back in the day I did inhale and that stuff is not my cup of tea. But I will say that I am also not apposed to those who do like it.

Return to “Federal”