Parkland Rep Predicts Gun-Safety Majority will get Gun Control Through Congress

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

jason812
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Parkland Rep Predicts Gun-Safety Majority will get Gun Control Through Congress

Post by jason812 »

gtolbert09 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:12 am
crazy2medic wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:51 am
The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:44 pm
AJSully421 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:34 pm Pass whatever you want Congress... I’m not obeying, so I don’t care.
So much this!
I WILL NOT COMPLY!
DITTO!!!!
:iagree:
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

GeekwithaGun

Re: Parkland Rep Predicts Gun-Safety Majority will get Gun Control Through Congress

Post by GeekwithaGun »

gtolbert09 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:12 am
crazy2medic wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:51 am
The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:44 pm
AJSully421 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:34 pm Pass whatever you want Congress... I’m not obeying, so I don’t care.
So much this!
I WILL NOT COMPLY!
DITTO!!!!
:rules:

You're now all on a list of subversives ...

with me! :iagree: :patriot: :txflag:
NRA Life Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Congress took an oath to uphold the U.S. Constitution and these words:
the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed
If they can't uphold that oath, they don't need to be in office.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

I, Oscar L. James, III, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter.

So help me God.

(Title 5 U.S. Code 3331, an individual, except the President, elected or appointed to an office of honor or profit in the civil service or uniformed services)

No expiration date.
:patriot: :txflag:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

oljames3 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:59 pm I, Oscar L. James, III, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter.

So help me God.

(Title 5 U.S. Code 3331, an individual, except the President, elected or appointed to an office of honor or profit in the civil service or uniformed services)

No expiration date.
:patriot: :txflag:
That has the wrong name in it...MY name is actually there on that oath...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

***Off Topic***
Any particular reason that an ordinary citizen/civilian could not make the same oath.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

Scott Farkus
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Scott Farkus »

Odinvalknir wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:30 am I still haven't figured out why these people can't understand a simple truth.

Most mass shooters either

1. Don't buy the weapons they use
2. Don't follow the laws already on the books (obviously)
3. Could just pack many extra magazines and ammo for reloading so it negates the law banning "high capacity" magazines.
Actually, a lot of them do buy the weapons they use and pass the NICS background check, which makes you wonder what exactly the anti's are trying to stop with "universal background checks". I'm not aware of any mass shooting where a universal background check would have prevented the shooter from acquiring the firearm used in the shooting.

I believe some have also acquired them through straw purchases. Others took/stole them from their parents.

cirus

Post by cirus »

:iagree: Count me in. I'm patiently waiting.

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

It's easy to say that about politicians giving illegal orders but are you prepared to resist police following illegal orders?
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

cirus

Post by cirus »

tbrown wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:57 pm It's easy to say that about politicians giving illegal orders but are you prepared to resist police following illegal orders?
Yep. I came into this world free and intend to go out that way. Things aren't going to get any better. This is not the same country I grew up in back in the 70's and 80's. What I'm seeing is the slow death of America. The question is when?

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

kayt00 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:23 pm ***Off Topic***
Any particular reason that an ordinary citizen/civilian could not make the same oath.
It is easy to swear an oath. The hard part is living it. You can swear the oath if you like, but please read up on what exactly is meant by taking an oath. It isn't just words. If you do decide to do so then it will mean something significant to you. Those who know you should be able to see your sincerity in the oath by the way you live.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

None. Most have not because they’ve not ever been required to. I took one similar to it as an associate member of Oath Keepers.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

anygunanywhere wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:31 pm
It is easy to swear an oath. The hard part is living it. You can swear the oath if you like, but please read up on what exactly is meant by taking an oath. It isn't just words. If you do decide to do so then it will mean something significant to you. Those who know you should be able to see your sincerity in the oath by the way you live.
Absolutely THIS. :iagree:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Chemist45 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:11 pm I love this guy claiming that they won the house because they are for gun control.
They won the house because it was the off year election and the party outside the white-house always picks up seats.
If he's smart, he won't read anything more into it.
On second thought, go ahead and show the country just how crazy they are.
Based on many other topics, I think that they are in the middle of a "hold my beer" moment in terms of showing just how crazy they are. The Democratic party being crazy on gun control - like comments from Eric Swalwell from CA, is but the tip of that iceberg. I think that they are in a competition among themselves to out-outrageous each other. The sad part is that the willingness among the Senators to resist the outrageous seems limited. I took some heart in the Kavanaugh hearings, hoping that there was really some backbone. Then our current border wall crisis loomed and all I see are jellyfish. I regretfully believe that if the Democrats do mount a major gun control initiative, with obvious help from the media, it will not fail. It will take just one incident on which they get enough traction for the launch.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

RicoTX

Post by RicoTX »

tbrown wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:57 pm It's easy to say that about politicians giving illegal orders but are you prepared to resist police following illegal orders?
I used to think people would stand up, but I sincerely doubt it anymore. The red line for most people is too far away, so our rights will die, one restriction at a time.

Look no further than the bump stock ordeal... even those of us that disagree with it are simply told that it was necessary to save more important 2A rights. The same will eventually happen with other restrictions. By the time 2A supporters have their red line crossed. It'll be too late.

You need not look any further than the Barr confirmation. Keep in mind, this was done by Republicans, including our own so called 2A Texas Senators. Oh, but Barr is better than what the Democrats would have done, so we shouldn't complain... sound familiar?
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

Return to “Federal”