Parkland Rep Predicts Gun-Safety Majority will get Gun Control Through Congress

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
KLB
Posts in topic: 1

Parkland Rep Predicts Gun-Safety Majority will get Gun Control Through Congress

Post by KLB »

The congressman whose district includes Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., site of a mass shooting last Feb. 14, said he believes gun control legislation can make it through the 116th Congress as senators realized they can be "replaced by a gun safety majority" like the House.
Rep. Ted Deutch (D-Fla.), along with Reps. Diana DeGette (D-Colo.) and Dina Titus (D-Nev.), unveiled Tuesday legislation along with Sens. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), and Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) to prohibit the transfer, importation, or possession of magazines able to hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition.
Menendez told reporters that he believes "the reality of a Democratic majority sending legislation" from the House, including on expanding background checks, "creates an impetus and a challenge for the Republican leader in the Senate."
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/p ... -majority/

With the GOPe, you can never be sure, but let us hope not.

Jusme

Re: Parkland Rep Predicts Gun-Safety Majority will get Gun Control Through Congress

Post by Jusme »

They do realize that the shooter could have had 5 round mags, and still killed just as many people, because of the incompetence, and cowardice if the BCSO,. And since he was never convicted of a felony, would not have been prevented from purchasing his gun. Oh yeah... It's Democrats, logic, doesn't factor in, as long as they can get their subjects to submit.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Chemist45

Re: Parkland Rep Predicts Gun-Safety Majority will get Gun Control Through Congress

Post by Chemist45 »

I love this guy claiming that they won the house because they are for gun control.
They won the house because it was the off year election and the party outside the white-house always picks up seats.
If he's smart, he won't read anything more into it.
On second thought, go ahead and show the country just how crazy they are.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

Pass whatever you want Congress... I’m not obeying, so I don’t care.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

Chemist45 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:11 pm On second thought, go ahead and show the country just how crazy they are.
Please, please, with sugar on top!

EnyoTX
Posts in topic: 2

Post by EnyoTX »

HR8 (universal background checks) passed out of the House Judiciary Committee tonight.

Scott Farkus

Post by Scott Farkus »

Jusme wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:49 pm They do realize that the shooter could have had 5 round mags, and still killed just as many people, because of the incompetence, and cowardice if the BCSO,. And since he was never convicted of a felony, would not have been prevented from purchasing his gun. Oh yeah... It's Democrats, logic, doesn't factor in, as long as they can get their subjects to submit.
I thought I read that the Parkland shooter only used 10 round magazines because the 30 rounders took up too much room in his backpack?
Last edited by Scott Farkus on Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Buy more ammo and mags.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

EnyoTX

Post by EnyoTX »

In addition to universal background checks, they also apparently passed a bill to allow NICS to take up to 20 days to complete a background check:

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4299 ... -gun-sales
The House Judiciary Committee also approved a bill later Wednesday that would close the so-called "Charleston loophole" that allow a gun sale to go forward if a background check isn't completed within three days. It would instead extend the review period to 10 days and allow a purchaser to request a review if the background check isn't completed by then. If an additional 10 days pass without a response, then the gun purchase can go forward.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Chemist45 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:11 pm If he's smart,
He’s not!
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

AJSully421 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:34 pm Pass whatever you want Congress... I’m not obeying, so I don’t care.
So much this!
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

I still haven't figured out why these people can't understand a simple truth.

Most mass shooters either

1. Don't buy the weapons they use
2. Don't follow the laws already on the books (obviously)
3. Could just pack many extra magazines and ammo for reloading so it negates the law banning "high capacity" magazines.

Oh and their jihad on the "scary black guns" I could go buy a mini 14 and do PLENTY of damage with the same tiny .223 round as the AR, maybe just as fast or quicker.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Odinvalknir wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:30 am I still haven't figured out why these people can't understand a simple truth.

Most mass shooters either

1. Don't buy the weapons they use
2. Don't follow the laws already on the books (obviously)
3. Could just pack many extra magazines and ammo for reloading so it negates the law banning "high capacity" magazines.

Oh and their jihad on the "scary black guns" I could go buy a mini 14 and do PLENTY of damage with the same tiny .223 round as the AR, maybe just as fast or quicker.
One of the criminals involved in the infamous "Miami Shootout" in 1986 had a Mini-14. Not sure what size mags he had, but he sure dealt a lot of injury and death with it. As most on here understand, it's not the firearm, it's the person wielding it. The big-time gun grabbers know that, too, they just pretend to care because they want to get votes from the uninformed, and some of them want to flat-out disarm the populace.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:44 pm
AJSully421 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:34 pm Pass whatever you want Congress... I’m not obeying, so I don’t care.
So much this!
I WILL NOT COMPLY!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

gtolbert09

Post by gtolbert09 »

crazy2medic wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:51 am
The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:44 pm
So much this!
I WILL NOT COMPLY!
DITTO!!!!
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

Return to “Federal”