Impeachment: It's a TRAP!

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jmorris
Posts in topic: 1

Impeachment: It's a TRAP!

Post by jmorris »

Thought this was an interesting article. The Dems should know by the vote last week on Rand Paul's attempt to declare the impeachment unconstitutional that they would not have to votes to convict. But possibly they don't want a conviction.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/01/ ... ent-trial/
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

srothstein

Re: Impeachment: It's a TRAP!

Post by srothstein »

That is an interesting argument, but I am not sure I agree. The problem with this theory is that Trump might not break the Republican party apart. He may actually unify it. There is currently a split between the moderates (also known as RINOs) and the more extreme conservatives, but I am not sure that this would not be healed relatively quickly. Some of the RINOs will actually leave and join the Democratic party, but many will also move to the right. As with the fractured Democratic party, the moderates will find themselves working with the more conservative members of the party because they know they cannot work with the Democrats.

I see the Republican party coming out of this stronger than ever before. The only stumbling block would be if the country breaks apart before this happens. And this is what I think the people controlling the Democratic party want. They are using the more extreme members of the party, like AOC, as the useful idiots who will be discarded when the leaders get what they want.
Steve Rothstein

philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Post by philip964 »

jmorris wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:42 pm Thought this was an interesting article. The Dems should know by the vote last week on Rand Paul's attempt to declare the impeachment unconstitutional that they would not have to votes to convict. But possibly they don't want a conviction.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/01/ ... ent-trial/
When I read the title, I pictured the lobster looking guy from Starwars saying it.

I see a lot of voters in 19 months seeing ads on TV, “ And my opponent voted with Nancy Pelosi for the unconstitutional impeachment of the former President and sent our economy into a recession” not that it will matter with internet voting all the Dem candidates will win.

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

I agree with the part that said that the trial will be a "distraction" to divert public attention from other things Biden is doing or not doing. The rest of it is a valid argument, but so is srothstein's.

Once again what do Pelosi and Schumer have that is making all their "colleagues" vote in lock step with their wishes?
N5PNZ

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

The whole thing is just the rash of symptoms presaging John Glubb's The Fate of Empires.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:38 am The whole thing is just the rash of symptoms presaging John Glubb's The Fate of Empires.
Thank you for posting this.
NRA Endowment Member

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

2farnorth wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:07 am I agree with the part that said that the trial will be a "distraction" to divert public attention from other things Biden is doing or not doing. The rest of it is a valid argument, but so is srothstein's.

Once again what do Pelosi and Schumer have that is making all their "colleagues" vote in lock step with their wishes?
Career ending information, probably stuff like illegal trading, pedophilia, money under the table stuff, Etc.
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

der Teufel

Post by der Teufel »

crazy2medic wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:20 pm
2farnorth wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:07 am I agree with the part that said that the trial will be a "distraction" to divert public attention from other things Biden is doing or not doing. The rest of it is a valid argument, but so is srothstein's.

Career ending information, probably stuff like illegal trading, pedophilia, money under the table stuff, Etc.
Mostly it's things like committee assignments and access to campaign funds.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... uxbndlbing

Democrats build emotionally charged case against Trump. Note the headline on the video Representative recalls capital attack after burying his son.
(There not even related)

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

i dont see it as anything but eye opening
a trial demands both sides present EVIDENCE
so far many states already publicly acknowledge voter issues, 40k dead people found to have voted, mail in ballots sent to fake addresses, etc
but the most damming is the video presented at the GA senate hearing where video from the state farm arena rooms that were used to process votes that clearly shows over 13 hr, how black suitcase were brought in before the vote counters and witnesses, then hidden under a table with a black cover over the table. Then in the end of evening everyone was sent home and a few hrs later the three people came back and ......removed the suitcases and began processing votes that were in these suitcase.

my wife and i watched this hearing and it was eye opening at brazen the fraud was. it was like they had no idea video cameras were in use. I guess in their normal office there was no video. a senator even asked about the camera system and the venue operator stated there are hundreds of cameras in use to protect the property from wrongful lawsuits as well as protection for the patrons
you add this to the pile of evidence and the people will see the truth.
cspan will be playing it live

then we have the video of capitol police OPENING the hardened magnetically locked doors and leading n the protestors, along with selfies and what seemed like tours of the building. and why did nancy disappear 4 minutes before the crap hit the fan? yes i am retired and watch cspan ALOT live

i saw live police moving barricades and opening doors. WHY WHY WHY
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Half Trump's legal team quits or is fired.

Return to “Federal”