"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

ManImCool
Posts in topic: 6

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by ManImCool »

ManImCool wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:49 pm 8/9 application submitted
8/13 confirmation of receipt of all docs from DPS
8/xx (a few days later) all green except fingerprints and background check

Still waiting. Sigh. I have a horrible feeling I'm going to have to wait close to the 60 day limit. I'm from California, couple speeding tickets, and a misdemeanor from nine years ago. It's nothing that will disqualify me. I've been purchasing firearms in California with their checks and waiting periods just fine. In fact, it was dismissed and expunged a few years ago. Still, that's probably why I have to wait 2 months. SIGH someone reassure me
So... at what point can I freak out? I am now firmly past the 60 days from 8/13. Still no changes.

Bpetry94

Post by Bpetry94 »

ManImCool wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:56 pm

Still waiting. Sigh. I have a horrible feeling I'm going to have to wait close to the 60 day limit. I'm from California, couple speeding tickets, and a misdemeanor from nine years ago. It's nothing that will disqualify me. I've been purchasing firearms in California with their checks and waiting periods just fine. In fact, it was dismissed and expunged a few years ago. Still, that's probably why I have to wait 2 months. SIGH someone reassure me
So... at what point can I freak out? I am now firmly past the 60 days from 8/13. Still no changes.
Maybe you should give them a call?

Bpetry94

Post by Bpetry94 »

Bpetry94 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:03 pm 9/19/2018 Submitted LTC application
10/11/2018 submit fingerprints
10/13/2108 submitted LTC-100
10/15/2018 received an email stating that my application has been recieved
10/18/2018 all checks except background check under review

ATXApprentice
Posts in topic: 14

Post by ATXApprentice »

perlicki85 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:56 pm :waiting: Joy For some reason I feel like they’re going to take the whole 60 days with me
Mine did not take that long, the day i gave up on checkin everyday is the day mine went print pending. Got it 4 days later and carrying on the 5th.
You may all go to hell, im going to Texas. :txflag:
-Davy Crockett-

ATXApprentice
Posts in topic: 14

Post by ATXApprentice »

Bpetry94 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:21 am
Bpetry94 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:03 pm 9/19/2018 Submitted LTC application
10/11/2018 submit fingerprints
10/13/2108 submitted LTC-100
10/15/2018 received an email stating that my application has been recieved
10/18/2018 all checks except background check under review
The new time limit is 90 days. So they still legally have a month.
You may all go to hell, im going to Texas. :txflag:
-Davy Crockett-

perlicki85

Post by perlicki85 »

:woohoo plastic in hand

ManImCool

Post by ManImCool »

Bpetry94 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:44 am

Maybe you should give them a call?
What a phone call it was...
So I just moved here in August, then applied with my out of state ID. Rec'd confirmation of all documents received. In mid-August I changed my DL from out of state to TX. I didn't think that would affect my application. About a month after "all documents received" I emailed asking for an update, and a few days later a human emailed back saying all docs received, nothing needed (keep in mind I have had my TX ID for a couple weeks now), still pending. Fast forward to today, where I'm well over the 60 days. They told me that when I switched my DL from out of state to TX, my application effectively went from complete to incomplete. They said it isn't their responsibility to tell people their application is incomplete; it's the responsibility of the applicant to make sure everything is uploaded. Uh, ok, I get your logic that you don't want to chase people down for incomplete applications, but my application was already complete! And then it became incomplete, I wasn't notified, and then my application just stopped processing (even though I check the website everyday and it said processing). And don't get me started on the fact that a human told me, well after my DL changed to TX, that my app was still complete and still processing.

So long story short no matter what I could try and argue, I'm completely screwed and my 60 days starts over from today, not from early August. They can't just backdate my start date to August. I was really mad earlier today. Now I'm just sad.

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 12

Post by PriestTheRunner »

ManImCool wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:41 pm
Bpetry94 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:44 am
ManImCool wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:49 pm ...
While that sucks, don't be discouraged. You've called them and fixed it. Most people are getting theirs in 2-4 weeks so as long as they now have everything, it shouldn't be too bad.

What else was there for your to send them?... I though out of state apps were all the same regarding documentation?

ManImCool

Post by ManImCool »

Literally nothing. No new documents had to be uploaded. I just had to tell them my new TX ID # over the phone, which they already had on file, and they said it would now resume processing. Unbelievable this didn't occur on its own with some automated process, and I had to call it in myself to resume.

Bpetry94

Post by Bpetry94 »

Well this sucks, my wife is at print pending and I’m stuck at background check.
Attachments
E704381A-9E46-4011-96E9-2B38E95430E3.jpeg
C7B4F681-2A17-476F-BBC2-A33F45A8853D.jpeg

Kalistis
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Kalistis »

I can’t believe how smoothly and quickly my licensing process has gone. My husband is active duty Navy and we relocated to Fort Worth this past June from California. I knew I wanted to get my LTC the moment we settled in but I figured things would get hung up in my background check due to my new residency. Nope! Looks like I’m in the very last step, awaiting my LTC to be printed and mailed. Here’s my timeline:

Applied online 10/12
Took class/proficiency test 10/13
Completed fingerprinting 10/16
Submitted certificate from class 10/16
Received email that certificate had been received 10/17
1st status update available online with all completed except background check 10/19
Background check complete, print pending! 10/20

I figure I “should” have it in hand by Friday of this next week? I haven’t even found a comfortable holster yet for my top two choices of pistol.

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 12

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Kalistis wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:48 am I figure I “should” have it in hand by Friday of this next week? I haven’t even found a comfortable holster yet for my top two choices of pistol.
Lol, nice. Our process was similarly quick and smooth. Considering other (less free) states have 90 day minimum wait times or outright wont issue permits, you gotta love Texas' system- Even if there are a few bumps.

Kalistis
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Kalistis »

I have been please with the process so far. I felt like I was committing a crime the first time I walked into a gun shop and walked out with a new hand gun and 200 rounds of ammo in less than 30 minutes. Furthermore, the ease licensing and speed has been appreciated. In my previous state, the chances of getting a CHL was slim. I took the required courses knowing I wouldn’t be approved. I’m so thankful to be in Texas now.

Bpetry94

Post by Bpetry94 »

Bpetry94 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:33 am Well this sucks, my wife is at print pending and I’m stuck at background check.
My wife’s LTC has been mailed and my background is still under review :banghead:

Bpetry94

Post by Bpetry94 »

Help! So I've been denied for my LTC. The letter states that the reason for the denial is that I had received a class A misdemeanor on February 11, 2014. The record stated "minor in possession of false identification." It later goes on to state that an offense from another state that has a possible punishment of confinement in jail that is not a felony is deemed a class A misdemeanor.

The exact code that I violated was BP 25661. California law states:
"
(a) Any person under the age of 21 years who presents or offers to any licensee, his or her agent or employee, any written, printed, or photostatic evidence of age and identity which is false, fraudulent or not actually his or her own for the purpose of ordering, purchasing, attempting to purchase or otherwise procuring or attempting to procure, the serving of any alcoholic beverage, or who has in his or her possession any false or fraudulent written, printed, or photostatic evidence of age and identity, is guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished by a fine of at least two hundred fifty dollars ($250), no part of which shall be suspended; or the person shall be required to perform not less than 24 hours nor more than 32 hours of community service during hours when the person is not employed and is not attending school, or a combination of fine and community service as determined by the court. A second or subsequent violation of this section shall be punished by a fine of not more than five hundred dollars ($500), or the person shall be required to perform not less than 36 hours or more than 48 hours of community service during hours when the person is not employed or is not attending school, or a combination of fine and community service, as the court deems just. It is the intent of the Legislature that the community service requirements prescribed in this section require service at an alcohol or drug treatment program or facility or at a county coroner’s office, if available, in the area where the violation occurred or where the person resides."

Important thing to note is that it never stated a possibility of confinement in jail. Another thing to note is that this conviction was expunged. Do I have a chance at appealing? Or should I just wait 3-1/2 months and apply again?

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”