May Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

kappatiff
Posts in topic: 2

Re: May Applications

Post by kappatiff »

Target1911 wrote:
PolsVoice wrote:Well, I just received my PIN.

... unfortunately, it doesn't work.

Is there a lag time between PIN receipt and activation?

Also make sure you check the box for either TX DL or TX ID
Actually, I just received my letter and PIN today. Got the same thing - wouldn't work, so I emailed the address that is showed. Amazingly enough, I got a reply within about 5 minutes. They guy said that they've been getting the compliment alot lately and to either check back later or call the number (800.224.5744). Have been too lazy to get up and actually get the phone though. :cheers2:
{The best defense against a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun}

XDpackinBob
Posts in topic: 9

Post by XDpackinBob »

Had the same thing happen to me, I got my PIN on 6-26 went to check it out and it did not work, their site gave me an error. It was telling me the DATA I was using to login with did not match what was in their system.

So I sent an E-Mail with all my DATA, I got a reply saying they checked the DATA and it was OK and that they were getting a lot of reports of this and the system was being worked on at that time, then on 7-2 my PIN started working. So I’m thinking there is a delay between PIN letter and activation of the PIN or The DATA entry for it.
XD-40 Sub-Compact, Blackhawk! CQC Serpa level 2 and 3, Tuck This.
NRA.
TSRA.

Class. 5-14-08
Mailed. 5-15
Received. 5-19-08
96 days, Completed and active. 8-23-08
Plastic in hand. 8-27-08
First renewal complete
Second renewal pending

Bob

jlewis240
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jlewis240 »

Sent my application in may....
Took Class: 2-16-08
Mailed to DPS: 5-20-08
DPS Received: 5-23-08
Received PIN: 6-24-08
Application Complete- license issued/certificate active 8-12-08
Plastic in hand!!!!!!!!!!!- 8-15-08

TexasComputerDude
Posts in topic: 11

Post by TexasComputerDude »

jlewis240 wrote:Sent my application in may....

I thought the weeks I waited to send in my app were bad lol.
Glock 30 - main ccw

winkydo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by winkydo »

ho hum... sounds like the 120 day time frame may be spot on after all. how do i get a passport in 2 weeks, but it takes 5 months to get my chl?!

..standing by. :waiting:

Andrus
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Andrus »

Online status changed to Processing today....46 days after receipt of application.
Online app completed - 5/12/08
Packet recv'd - 5/16/08
Class completed - 5/24/08
Packet mailed - 5/27/08
Packet recv'd by DPS - 5/29/08
Online status updated to "Processing" - 7/14/08
Application complete - 10/27/08

mr.72
Posts in topic: 20

Post by mr.72 »

Andrus wrote:Online status changed to Processing today....46 days after receipt of application.
Wow, so did mine.

I'm on exactly the same schedule as you: took class 5/24, sent packet 5/27, status change from "Packet Mailed to Applicant" to "Processing Application" today 7/14.

This can't be a coincidence.
non-conformist CHL holder

TexasComputerDude
Posts in topic: 11

Post by TexasComputerDude »

I wonder if yalls names or similar.

like, what if the person processing yalls apps is the one processing all the T's, so thats why it gets done around the same time.
Glock 30 - main ccw

wickedchimp
Posts in topic: 7

Post by wickedchimp »

mr.72 wrote:
Andrus wrote:Online status changed to Processing today....46 days after receipt of application.
Wow, so did mine.

I'm on exactly the same schedule as you: took class 5/24, sent packet 5/27, status change from "Packet Mailed to Applicant" to "Processing Application" today 7/14.

This can't be a coincidence.
Mine is now processing as well...woohoo...looks like they are making some progress...
May 24: Class passed
May 29: Mailed Application
July 14: Processing Application
August 25: Application Completed!
August 26: Plastic in hand!

mr.72
Posts in topic: 20

Post by mr.72 »

so it looks like they have opened the mail from the week of May 26th.

or at least some of it :)

i guess I can start my 60 day clock now.
non-conformist CHL holder

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 5

Post by pbwalker »

There has to be some kind of weird system going on over there...I had a PIN the first week of June (after taking my class the 2nd weekend of May). DPS even said my 60 days started the 14th of May which was cool since I took the class the 10th of May and mailed the App on the 12th.

I hope I get mine soon...I've nagged Rick Perry and Charlie Gonzalez twice since I hit 60 days (I'm at 63 days today)...no reply from my Rep and a promise of a reply from the Governor.

I'll keep pressing...
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

boomerang
Posts in topic: 1

Post by boomerang »

winkydo wrote:how do i get a passport in 2 weeks, but it takes 5 months to get my chl?!
No FBI background check.
No Texas background check.
No checking for tax delinquency.
No checking for student loan delinquency.
No checking for child support delinquency.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

Topic author
BigBlueDodge
Posts in topic: 16

Post by BigBlueDodge »

Okay, let's bring this one to the top. Has any May applicants been told by DPS that their application has actually started processing yet (meaning DPS has opened your packet and entered your information into the system, and or at least sent it off to the FBI and local authorities). I'm still trying to see if we May guys are still in the pile in the mailroom, or if DPS has already started openin our applications and started entering in our information yet.

Utah's clock starts from when they clear the funds (which for me happened last week). From what I've read, Utah is pretty good about getting their licenses out 60 days from when they clear the funds. Even thought I submitted my paperwork to Texas about 6 weeks before I submitted my application to Utah, I'm curious to see who will get me my license first. Anybody willing to put $20 on Texas "rlol"

XDpackinBob
Posts in topic: 9

Post by XDpackinBob »

Has any May applicants been told by DPS that their application has actually started processing yet (meaning DPS has opened your packet and entered your information into the system, and or at least sent it off to the FBI and local authorities).
Well I can not say there still working on it at this time, it may be in the stack after the DATA entry for the PIN system, ya know in from the left pile :arrow: out to the right pile. BUT, I do know they opened it to get the check inside and it has cleared. AND, my PIN works with the DATA I sent them in the packet (No online application filed, just mail in) So I know they have opened the packet and entered the DATA on the application front page into the (PIN) system. How do I know this for sure you ask? The name on the application was in the format (last (suffix), first, mid) but they used the suffix as my first name on the PIN letter so I know for a fact they took the data from the first page of the Application. This error in the name on the application has been corrected and all DATA checked by E-Mail contact twice. MY bad for putting the suffix after the last name not at the end. "rlol"

:patriot: :txflag:
XD-40 Sub-Compact, Blackhawk! CQC Serpa level 2 and 3, Tuck This.
NRA.
TSRA.

Class. 5-14-08
Mailed. 5-15
Received. 5-19-08
96 days, Completed and active. 8-23-08
Plastic in hand. 8-27-08
First renewal complete
Second renewal pending

Bob

rking1581
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rking1581 »

"Okay, let's bring this one to the top. Has any May applicants been told by DPS that their application has actually started processing yet (meaning DPS has opened your packet and entered your information into the system, and or at least sent it off to the FBI and local authorities). I'm still trying to see if we May guys are still in the pile in the mailroom, or if DPS has already started openin our applications and started entering in our information yet."
I called DPS yesterday (7/21) and was told that my FBI background check was back and was just waiting on TX's background check to come back. I was told that I am halfway done after 63 days.
Texas CHL
Class Taken 5/4/2008
Sent application 5/14/2008
Application Received 5/19/2008
Pin Received 6/23/08

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”