November '08 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

knightx
Posts in topic: 7

Re: November '08 Applications

Post by knightx »

errrrr........

cougar fight song ?? :mrgreen:

fisher_of_man
Posts in topic: 24

Post by fisher_of_man »

KingOfDirk wrote:
Maybe they could start sending them in one of those musical greeting cards...."The Eyes of Texas Are Upon You" :txflag: :rolll
Better yet, the Aggie War Hymn... ;-)
WHOOP! :hurry:
"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17

Class 11/08/08
Mailed 11/10/08
Received 11/12/08
PIN Received 12/03/08
Application Completed 01/09/09
Plastic Arrived 01/14/09

davlanders
Posts in topic: 4

Post by davlanders »

Received plastic yesterday!
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member

Broncrider
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Broncrider »

Well,
I checked several times this morning and it still says processing :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: .
I thought for sure today was the day, since my wife's completed yesterday and our status went to processing one day apart. I guess there is no method to the madness!!!!! :mad5
Broncrider
"I'm your huckleberry"---Doc Holiday, Tombstone

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KC5AV »

Don't lose heart. Check a few more times today. I know I had checked mine a few times on the day it actually changed.
NRA lifetime member

knightx
Posts in topic: 7

Post by knightx »

bronc....i'll trade you, my incomplete, detailed letter sent, for your still processing :rules:

Broncrider
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Broncrider »

KC5AV,I keep thinkin everytime I check status they move mine to the bottom of the pile!!!!! and to Knightx, I figure the way my luck goes i'll get the same message when it does change. so i'll be right there with you. It has been in Austin 58 days so far and processing for 36 days. The wait is killing me.
Broncrider
"I'm your huckleberry"---Doc Holiday, Tombstone

Derekhie
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Derekhie »

I've been stuck on "Application incomplete - missing information - detailed letter has been sent" since 12/31/08. My pictures were too dark so new pictures were sent and received on 1/7 by certified mail in Austin. My status still reads "Application incomplete - missing information - detailed letter has been sent". I called on 1/12 to see if they were sending me another letter since my status had not changed but was told that the website had not been updated. I'm not sure what to think now. Are they still processing? Will I go from Application incomplete to Application complete? Who knows???? :mad5 :mad5

ccabb0tt07
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ccabb0tt07 »

Just because you sent it in at the same time doesn't mean anything at all unfortunately. It just speaks more about the messed up process.

My father in law sent his in the same day as my mother in law, my wife and myself. He got his 2.5 months ago, my wife's is processed and my mother in law and I are still processing. :grumble
9/22 Sent Packet
10/1 Received PIN
1/7 Contacted Senator
1/12 Contacted by DPS
1/24 Issued
1/27 In Hand

Topic author
Morgan
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Morgan »

I don't believe it, NECESSARILY speaks to a messed up process. The simple fact is, some people have more common names than others, or have other factors that make the background check HARDER and more TIME CONSUMING to complete.

KingOfDirk
Posts in topic: 11

Post by KingOfDirk »

Well this is great fun.

I never got a reply from my State Rep, so I thought I'd ping his office with a fax. We'll see if that merits so much as a "why do you want one of those?", since my elected officials are a little less excited about Heller than most of us...

While feeling frisky, I sent a fax to Rep. Driver's office in Austin. His district is WAY outside Houston ;-) , but he is the Chair of the Law Enforcement committee, and they have DPS oversight. And he's a Republican :thumbs2: I made it clear that I know he's got other Texans to look after first, but if his office gets a chance to help, I'd sure appreciate it. I also put in a plug for DPS, as I know they are understaffed (ONE background checker in Harris County?!? :confused5 ) Perhaps he can use his influence to get those folks the help they need, and we'll see a higher level of service for our $140.

Mrs. KingOfDirk applied on the same day, and is WAY less enthusiastic about getting the plastic (funny, she's enthusiastic about every other kind of plastic in her purse... "rlol" ). This virtually guarantees she'll get hers months before I ever see mine.

Hang in there, everyone,
KoD
"...the person who loves everybody and feels at home everywhere is the true hater of mankind. He expects nothing of men, so no form of depravity can outrage him."

gomowdude
Posts in topic: 11

Post by gomowdude »

Got my plastic in hand today. Would feel a little nervous carrying in public for the first time, but its 40 degrees and jackets REALLY cover up IWB holsters. I might feel a little nervous next time it warms up. You guys werent kidding about the anti climactic DPS packaging for the plastic. Card stock, no print, just the card. Iam with you guys, some confetti would have been nice, some streamers, something. For what its worth I had a talked to a friend earlier, sent his app in late Oct. PIN letter 12/03 had to send in new prints a few weeks ago, but application completed today. I really dont understand how processing time can vary so much across the board. Maybe it really goes back to the county youre applying from, it seems like everyone has a different experience. I really hope DPS gets cards out to you guys soon.
Last edited by gomowdude on Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gomowdude
Tarrant County
11/18 Class-on target firearms
11/19 Application mailed
11/21 Application received in Austin
12/16 PIN received in mail
1/14 License issued or certificate active
1/16 Plastic in hand

cdc101
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cdc101 »

gomowdude wrote:Got my plastic in hand today. Would feel a little nervous carrying in public for the first time, but its 40 degrees and jackets REALLY cover up IWB holsters. I might feel a little nervous next time it warms up. You guys werent kidding about the anti climactic DPS packaging for the plastic. Card stock, no print, just the card. Iam with you guys, some confetti would have been nice, some streamers, something. For what its worth I had a talked to a friend earlier, sent his app in late Oct. PIN letter 12/03 had to send in new prints a few weeks ago, but application completed today. I really dont understand how processing time can vary so much across the board. Maybe it really goes back to the county youre applying from, it seems like everyones has a different experience. I really hope DPS gets cards out to guys soon.
Congrats gomowdude!

Where are you located?

I just updated my sig a few minutes ago... :grumble
Chris
US Army Cavalry Scout: 1992 - 1997

kelley350x
Posts in topic: 4

Post by kelley350x »

:clapping: :hurry: :woohoo :thumbs2: :patriot: :cheers2: :tiphat: :anamatedbanana :thewave

PLASTIC IN HAND.......
when i woke up this am i asked the wife what time that mail usually arrives. She said about 1:00 so at about 12:55 i went out and sat on the porch. what seemed like three hours later (it was 1:02) i see the mail guy coming down the street so i walked out and got my mail from him. Today is the first time in history we have received a stack of envelopes about an inch thick. The first three of four were hospital bills and then sbc bill, then more hospital bills... the one from the state would be the last one...
So needless to say i realized that i am now $19,000 further in debt (but we have our first child) and i can now carry my gun... now if i could only remember what my max out of pocket was for my insurance... :banghead:

TexCalhoun
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TexCalhoun »

I've been watching this forum for about a month, trying to judge when my CHL will be complete based on the experience of others. By my reckoning, I'm guessing I may hear something by the end of the month.

I'm a little worried about snags in my CHL though. I was stuck on the terror watch list for more than two years because of a last-minute, very brief trip to the Lower Rio Grande Valley in January 2006. The arrangements were made the morning of the flight by the travel agent at our firm. I had to fly down, rent a car, hand-deliver some documents to the City Hall of McAllen, drive back to the airport (I put exactly one mile on the rental car), and fly back out 90 minutes later.

On the way back to the security gates after returning the rental car, I was stopped by an airport security officer, a police officer, and another person (who did not identify themselves) who had my photo and called me by name. They wanted to know the purpose of my trip. Before I thought about it, I said that I was acting as a courier (which is apparently a bad thing to say at an airport four miles from the Mexican border). :nono:

They decided to go through my carry on case very carefully (all I had was a newspaper and my iPod) and spent a lot of time examining and X-raying my shoes (size 15) and my coat. I was afraid they were going to break out the latex gloves. :eek6 After a few minutes of that, they apparently decided I didn't have anything they needed to worry about and let me go on my way. But after that time, for the next two years or so, I was on the terror watch list and had "special treatment" every time I went to the airport.

I guess we'll see if that affects things. :roll:
10/27 - Online App completed
11/04 - Packet received from State
11/22 - Class Taken
11/24 - Packet Mailed to State
11/26 - Packet received by State
12/14 - Processing Application
01/20 - Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
01/24 - Plastic Received

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”