"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

naward
Posts in topic: 6

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by naward »

Grundy1133 wrote:
naward wrote:Is it normal for finger prints to be under review for several day after they are submitted ?
well they have 60 days.... lol. but seriously, mine were under review for 2 days I think? maybe 1? the longest part for me (and most others i believe) is the background check. also it has a lot to do with how busy they are.

Mine have been under review since 4/10/18 and i was just curious. The back ground check is under review also but i expected that.

KevinTx7
Posts in topic: 21

Post by KevinTx7 »

naward wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
naward wrote:Is it normal for finger prints to be under review for several day after they are submitted ?
well they have 60 days.... lol. but seriously, mine were under review for 2 days I think? maybe 1? the longest part for me (and most others i believe) is the background check. also it has a lot to do with how busy they are.

Mine have been under review since 4/10/18 and i was just curious. The back ground check is under review also but i expected that.
My fingerprints were submitted on 3/29 and DPS website site finally showed status (under review) on 4/13. I’m not really sure on what could be wrong or what they’re reviewing. Background is still under review also. I called today and they said I’ve submitted everything they needed so who knows?

Allons
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Allons »

First post, wanted to wait until I everything was finished before I posted anything; did not want to jinx myself
3/4/2018: Class and application complete
3/5/2018: Fingerprints done
3/6/2018: Email from DPS saying that they have everything
3/9/2018 Status showing up on website
Fingerprints Under review
Background Check Under review
Stayed like that until 4/17/2018: Background check and Fingerprints Complete, print pending 43 days for fingerprints and background check. I also had an order of non disclosure for a case back in 2000. I turned in that paperwork with application as well. Will probably get license next week sometime. :thewave
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Allons

Post by Allons »

Mine were under review for 42 days. I even called and asked if I had to redo them over. I was told no, mine did not clear until my background cleared.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Cappo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Cappo »

Waitng time as follows for Veterans who moved alot and were born outside the States. I was arrested for Donestic voilence falsey by my ex wife while i was in the military in 2013 thrown out becausebif lack of evidence 2016.

feb 21,2018 submitted documents please sign Your ltc 100

Feb 23,2018 signed ltc 100 was uploaded

March 9, uploaded my dismissal documents

Lived over 10 places in the U.S is background took ages

April 16,2018 all green grass print pending
99BD966F-D253-4C34-B3DB-889F095A04BC.png
Last edited by Cappo on Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naward
Posts in topic: 6

Post by naward »

This is my timeline so far as of 4/17/18

Class taken 3/31/18
Application submitted 4/1/18
Finger prints done 4/2/18
Fingerprints : Under review 4/10/18
Background Check : Under review 4/10/18
License To Carry A Handgun : Print pending completion of application review 4/10/18
All else green

Cappo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Cappo »

:rules: seems they are pushing the boundary of the maximum allowable time to complete the process be diligent the start looking around the 35 plus days mark

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Grundy1133 »

Cappo wrote::rules: seems they are pushing the boundary of the maximum allowable time to complete the process be diligent the start looking around the 35 plus days mark
from start to finish mine took 11 days. excluding weekends. and i got mine last month. Theres a chance that the warmer weather has warranted more people to go get this LTC since weather is nicer..? all i know is they have 60 days and if its not in your hand after the 60 days and they havent contacted you about missing documents thats when you should worry. typically tho ive heard some people say if you dont see movement on your status after a month (if your fingerprints are under review for a month) then it would be a good idea to call them.
NRA Member

Allons

Post by Allons »

Grundy1133 wrote:
Cappo wrote::rules: seems they are pushing the boundary of the maximum allowable time to complete the process be diligent the start looking around the 35 plus days mark
from start to finish mine took 11 days. excluding weekends. and i got mine last month. Theres a chance that the warmer weather has warranted more people to go get this LTC since weather is nicer..? all i know is they have 60 days and if its not in your hand after the 60 days and they havent contacted you about missing documents thats when you should worry. typically tho ive heard some people say if you dont see movement on your status after a month (if your fingerprints are under review for a month) then it would be a good idea to call them.
I think Grundy 1133 is right about the weather. Although I don't have mine yet everything is complete and just waiting for it to be mailed. 43 total and 42 days of background and fingerprints under review. I called and emailed and I did not get it any faster.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Odinvalknir »

How long after submitting everything did y'all get progress bars? It's only been 36hrs for me, but still haven't gotten progress bars. Still just says the standard stuff. Not impatient (much) but just curious how quickly everyone got progress checks. I got the document confirmation email a couple hours after submitting everything yesterday.

Allons

Post by Allons »

Odinvalknir wrote:How long after submitting everything did y'all get progress bars? It's only been 36hrs for me, but still haven't gotten progress bars. Still just says the standard stuff. Not impatient (much) but just curious how quickly everyone got progress checks. I got the document confirmation email a couple hours after submitting everything yesterday.

Had mine within 5 days.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

KevinTx7
Posts in topic: 21

Post by KevinTx7 »

Allons wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
I think Grundy 1133 is right about the weather. Although I don't have mine yet everything is complete and just waiting for it to be mailed. 43 total and 42 days of background and fingerprints under review. I called and emailed and I did not get it any faster.
I think the more the left attacks the 2A, gun sales and LTC permit apps will go up.

OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 4

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Grundy1133 wrote:
OldCurlyWolf wrote:Class: 03/11/2018
Application: 04/06/2018
Submitted Form LTC 100 4/10/2018
Fingerprints: 04/11/2018
DPS said they are using DL Picture.

:waiting:
senior member with over 1k posts but just now getting an LTC? :confused5 :confused5
3rd LTC
Second time in Texas.
Was in Oklahoma for 15 years.

I like to make people wonder what is happening.
I have been doing that for over 60 years.
Started when I was very young messing with my momma's mind.

EDIT Checked today and this is what was posted

Application : Received
Fingerprints : Received
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport Photo Holder (Out of State Only) : Received
Photo (Out of State Only) : Received
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Completed
License To Carry A Handgun : Mailed
8 days (or less) from final info submitted to Mailed.
:coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:
Last edited by OldCurlyWolf on Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Grundy1133 »

OldCurlyWolf wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:

senior member with over 1k posts but just now getting an LTC? :confused5 :confused5
3rd LTC
Second time in Texas.

well im glad you came to your senses and moved back to God's country :txflag:
NRA Member

OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 4

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Grundy1133 wrote:
OldCurlyWolf wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:

3rd LTC
Second time in Texas.

well im glad you came to your senses and moved back to God's country :txflag:
I have traveled the Great Plains from the Permian Basin to the Missouri River Breaks in NE Montana. Near to the Canuck Border.

That is ALL God's country
:patriot:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”