"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

srothstein
Posts in topic: 3

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by srothstein »

srothstein wrote:Class was 3/25. I did the online application on 4/3 and was fingerprinted on 4/5. When I checked the status on 4/5, I had the "submitted" that I expected. On 4/9 I got no status at all, just the message that if you completed the process the status would be unavailable. This continued until 4/12 when it started showing a status again saying I was pending printing. And that is where it is at now.

But one of the co-workers who filled it in online on 3/26 and was printed on 3/27 received his LTC in the mail on 4/4 I was amazed at that speed and hopeful. Now I am thinking he caught just the right timing for a print run and I just missed it to wait for the next.
My license came in the mail today. That makes it less than two weeks from when I got fingerprinted. I am satisfied with that length of time.
Steve Rothstein

Liberty
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Liberty »

srothstein wrote:
srothstein wrote:Class was 3/25. I did the online application on 4/3 and was fingerprinted on 4/5. When I checked the status on 4/5, I had the "submitted" that I expected. On 4/9 I got no status at all, just the message that if you completed the process the status would be unavailable.
If your instructor was smart he would have used you as a "guest" speaker for the class. There aren't many folk who can explain some of finer subtle points of defense and carry law as clearly.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Allons
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Allons »

Allons wrote:First post, wanted to wait until I everything was finished before I posted anything; did not want to jinx myself
3/4/2018: Class and application complete
3/5/2018: Fingerprints done
3/6/2018: Email from DPS saying that they have everything
3/9/2018 Status showing up on website
Fingerprints Under review
Background Check Under review
Stayed like that until 4/17/2018: Background check and Fingerprints Complete, print pending 43 days for fingerprints and background check. I also had an order of non disclosure for a case back in 2000. I turned in that paperwork with application as well. Will probably get license next week sometime. :thewave
Udate: 4/19/2018 MAILED!!! :chldancing :chldancing
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

KevinTx7
Posts in topic: 21

Post by KevinTx7 »

Allons wrote:
Allons wrote:First post, wanted to wait until I everything was finished before I posted anything; did not want to jinx myself
Stayed like that until 4/17/2018: Background check and Fingerprints Complete, print pending 43 days for fingerprints and background check. I also had an order of non disclosure for a case back in 2000. I turned in that paperwork with application as well. Will probably get license next week sometime. :thewave
Congrats! I bet MC Hammer carries AIWB

Allons

Post by Allons »

KevinTx7 wrote:
Allons wrote:
Congrats! I bet MC Hammer carries AIWB
Thanks ready for my wally walk
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Kalashnikov
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Kalashnikov »

Whats up guys, new to the forum. I typed up a timeline and a long post, then it was deleted because I was logged in too long. So lets get to the important part.

My application has been "under review" since March 4, 2018 and I received a request for more information/letter from district clerk clearing me, stating I don't have a record. I provided them everything they needed and confirmed Today that they have every single thing to process my application, they explained they now have an additional 180 days to process my app. I am wondering how long they usually take to finish your file/app when they request additional info, and you provide it. They have it ALL now... I am curious how long I will be waiting based on others in this same situation.

If you want the whole story...
For the record I am eligible, and will get my license, I don't want to explain the complete ordeal but I had my license in 2007, I let it lapse... they didn't do this to me last time. I had a gung ho CHL instructor back in 2007, he told me to list an event on my application that was expunged, and I listed it as expunged... and they must have known what this meant back then since they sent me my license. BECAUSE they didn't find it in any database I would assume, because the event has been deleted/destroyed from every record keeping agency in the United States. (In Texas an expunged record is gone forever, no one can see it)

This time around I did the same thing because they NOW are the only agency that has record of the event. When I logged in to their online system the information of the event was already filled out in the information box. I knew then that I screwed up, so I left it on my new application since they already knew about it. They ended up requesting more information this time around, I am assuming since they had record of it in their database.

-- For those of you who may assume that I am required to list such an event that has been expunged, I should have never listed it on the original app. Only under oath am I supposed to acknowledge the existence of any incident that has been legally expunged. Even then I am supposed to say "that matter has been expunged". --

cstep
Posts in topic: 7

Post by cstep »

I took my class on Feb 24, completed my application on the 25th, did my fingerprints on the 26th. I've been stuck on the "Background Check : Under review" stage since then (everything else up to that point is green). I'm still under the 60-day mark, but its taking much longer than I thought. I have nothing on my record...can't imagine that it'd take more than a minute to clear me.

Allons

Post by Allons »

cstep wrote:I took my class on Feb 24, completed my application on the 25th, did my fingerprints on the 26th. I've been stuck on the "Background Check : Under review" stage since then (everything else up to that point is green). I'm still under the 60-day mark, but its taking much longer than I thought. I have nothing on my record...can't imagine that it'd take more than a minute to clear me.
Although I had no success calling you might want to give it a try. Their is a whole other thread about calling where people had success. Its under waiting room, calling DPS.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

KevinTx7

Post by KevinTx7 »

KevinTx7 wrote:
KevinTx7 wrote:
KevinTx7 wrote:Online app done - 03/01/2018
Fingerprints done - 03/29/2018
LTC cert submitted - 04/05/2018

Still haven’t received any emails and DPS website doesn’t say anything.

Not sure where I am in the black hole.
Update: received email documents were received 04/12/2018
Update: finally showing up on website. Fingerprints and background check under review 04/13/2018
Update: I couldn’t stand the wait any longer so I logged onto DPS website and paid for my own background check. Sure enough, no surprises. It took me less than 10 minutes to create a new profile, pay the fee, and get the background. Also, my new fingerprint photo was on the results. So obviously the identgo photo is being logged. Point is, DPS have the info, prints and could pull the BG in less time. I don’t know what the hold up is...

Allons

Post by Allons »

Allons wrote:
Update: 4/19/2018 MAILED!!! :chldancing :chldancing
4/20/2018: Plastic in hand 46 days from confirmation email.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

infoman
Posts in topic: 27

Post by infoman »

KevinTx7 wrote:
KevinTx7 wrote:
KevinTx7 wrote:

Update: finally showing up on website. Fingerprints and background check under review 04/13/2018
Update: I couldn’t stand the wait any longer so I logged onto DPS website and paid for my own background check. Sure enough, no surprises. It took me less than 10 minutes to create a new profile, pay the fee, and get the background. Also, my new fingerprint photo was on the results. So obviously the identgo photo is being logged. Point is, DPS have the info, prints and could pull the BG in less time. I don’t know what the hold up is...
The hold up is there’s thousands of reviews pending, & they don’t do the same type of background checks that you paid for (which is useless for them anyway). They look at federal, state, warrants, military, a ton of things. You said you submitted your certificate on 4/5/18- you’re being way too impatient.

KevinTx7

Post by KevinTx7 »

infoman wrote:
KevinTx7 wrote:
KevinTx7 wrote:
KevinTx7 wrote:

The hold up is there’s thousands of reviews pending, & they don’t do the same type of background checks that you paid for (which is useless for them anyway). They look at federal, state, warrants, military, a ton of things. You said you submitted your certificate on 4/5/18- you’re being way too impatient.
I know it.

King77
Posts in topic: 9

Post by King77 »

Hello, New to the site...the info here is amazing.

Here's my timeline

Online App done: 4/11/18
Fingerprint (idéntico) done : 4/16/18
LTC completed and submitted : 4/21/18

Plan on spending the wait researching holsters and belts

dlsgap
Posts in topic: 13

Post by dlsgap »

srothstein wrote:
My license came in the mail today. That makes it less than two weeks from when I got fingerprinted. I am satisfied with that length of time.
Lucky. My background is still under review approaching 4 weeks now. Ex cop, clean background... But for some reason background checks seem to take forever with me. I waited 8 months for lyft to review my background before I gave up trying to drive for them in my spare time.

txhomegirl
Posts in topic: 3

Post by txhomegirl »

4/7: LTC Class
4/10: Application and class certificate submitted
4/12 AM: Fingerprints submitted
4/12 PM: Email receipt of supporting documents
4/13: Website doesn't show any kind of status
4/17: Below is what came up on the website when I logged in...

Application : Received
Fingerprints : Received
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport Photo Holder (Out of State Only) : Received
Photo (Out of State Only) : Received
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Under review
License To Carry A Handgun : Print pending completion of application review