Walmart Here I Come

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Bones3
Posts in topic: 1

Walmart Here I Come

Post by Bones3 »

The coveted plastic arrived in the mail today.

Application Received per USPS Return Receipt - April 5th
PIN Received - May 10th (Letter dated May 4th)
Application Completed - license issued or certificate active - May 26th
Received license in mail - June 5th

61 Days Total

Thanks to everyone here for being so supportive during this trying time.
I'll try to do the same for the good folks here in the waiting room. It's a
chore waiting guys & gals, but it will arrive eventually.

Now for some nachos for dinner. I'm outta here.

:chldancing

Thanks for the dancer Charles
Bones
Texas CHL Holder

Diode

Post by Diode »

Alright Bones!!!! Way to go.....

:lol:

barres

Post by barres »

Congratulations!

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Congratulations, now join us in support of the troops in waiting.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Congrats! Enjoy the nachos!
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Skipper5

Congrats

Post by Skipper5 »

Congrats Bones...again....good carry...hope you enjoyed the nachos!!! Haha

spud

Post by spud »

Congrats man :cool:

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Congratulations. Wal-mart was also my first carry.
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

Grapevinebill

Re: Walmart Here I Come

Post by Grapevinebill »

Ok, fill a brother in. I am new and I still waiting and have seen several reference to a Wally walk and making Wal-Mart a first carry. What gives?
:patriot:
I've spent a lot of money on guns, bullets and holsters.... The rest I've just squandered away!

USA1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by USA1 »

Grapevinebill wrote:Ok, fill a brother in. I am new and I still waiting and have seen several reference to a Wally walk and making Wal-Mart a first carry. What gives?
:patriot:
It's a Texas CHL forum tradition.

The idea is to become comfortable with carrying in public as well as testing your carry/concealment method.
Why Walmart?...why not. ;-)

Rules...

1) You must park your vehicle at least 50 yards from the entrance of a regular WallyWorld (75 yards for a SuperCenter.) As you head for the entrance, you must perform a scan of the area including checking under parked vehicles for BG’s (Bad Guys.) Remember, grandma in an electric wheelchair is not a drive-by threat.

1A). Upon exiting car, surrepititiously adjust sidearm. Now don't touch it again unless your pants are about to fall off. Then tighten your belt

2) You MUST drive the shopping cart. No substitutes are allowed. Negotiating aisles full of screaming kids dropping cans of Chef Boyardee while Mom is on the cell phone and trying the latest Rosie O’Donnell Makeup & Fragrances is a good test of patience and self-control.

3) No quickies! Your stay at WallyWorld must last no less than 45 minutes. You can hang out in automotive and even double check the Rapala lures to see what’s new to kill an allotted rest time of 10 minutes. The rest of the time you must be on the move. An exception is made if you are with your significant other and she goes for the White Sale madness. You must park, wait and be ready to back your mate if things get hairy with the pillow throws or allergenic bedspreads.

4) You are gonna buy stuff so pick items from the top and bottom shelves to test your cover garment. Your mate can assist you and point out any deficiencies. If you are alone and store security or the cops have not arrived by the time you check out, you passed this test.

5) Check out: make sure you choose the busiest register. People will stand in close proximity and you must bear it with patience and avoiding contact. Beware of the people suddenly remembering a forgotten item and sending their mates to fetch it. They usually will brush against you on the way to get it.

6) Meal Time! If your WallyWorld serves Nachos, go ahead and get yourself a big serving of the suckers and wash it down with a Sam’s cola. If McD’s is the choice at the premises, get fries, onion rings, apple pie and a large Coke. ALL MEALS MUST BE CONSUMED ON SITE! No To-Go’s or you will be disqualified.

7) When you leave, repeat the scanning of the parking lot. Remember that now you are also dealing with a shopping cart that rattles like and old train and wants to go right all the time. Do not lose track of your surroundings because of this. If you have a car, open the trunk and introduce all your bags while facing outwards. Pick up Trucks: lower the tailgate and do the same. Keep scanning, you never know where the BG’s might be.

8) REMEMBER: Yellow lights = WallyWorld Security. Red Lights = Cops.

9) - Make test fall on floor in busiest area - near register or anywhere crowded. See if concealment can still be maintained. If you lose that then go back to GO and do NOT collect $200

10) Restroom break (even if you don't have to go), go through the motions, figure out what your going to do with your gun, while sitting on the commode

Pictures are mandatory.
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...it's been kind of a tradition here to carry concealed to WalMart soon as you get your permit...and get used to it a bit...do some shopping, and try real hard not to stand up on the checkout counter and shout "I FINALLY GOT MINE!!!"...kinda like a rite of passage...I think they chose WalMart 'cause folks who go there try real hard NOT to look at the other folks...and you're less likely to be spotted if you do it wrong...welcome and glad to have you on the team...

...oh, and, before we have a "Don't look Ethel" post, the mandatory pictures mentioned above DO NOT INCLUDE THE BATHROOM SCENE...

USA1

Post by USA1 »

speedsix wrote: ...oh, and, before we have a "Don't look Ethel" post, the mandatory pictures mentioned above DO NOT INCLUDE THE BATHROOM SCENE...
Good point. :shock:

:lol:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

AEA

Post by AEA »

Good to see newbies using the search function! :tiphat:
5 Year old thread! :shock:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

tacticool
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tacticool »

Don't forget the banana pics. :anamatedbanana
When in doubt
Vote them out!

USA1