How do you find out if and/or when it's received?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
whodat1
Posts in topic: 2

How do you find out if and/or when it's received?

Post by whodat1 »

I noticed that most people post when DPS received their package in peoples CHL timeline. How does one find out if and when DPS has received it? I mailed mine on Monday 5/18, but have no idea how to verify that DPS has received it. :confused5
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: How do you find out if and/or when it's received?

Post by Keith B »

whodat1 wrote:I noticed that most people post when DPS received their package in peoples CHL timeline. How does one find out if and when DPS has received it? I mailed mine on Monday 5/18, but have no idea how to verify that DPS has received it. :confused5
A lot of folks send their packet certified mail so they receive a delivery confirmation.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

infoman

Post by infoman »

without a delivery confirmation, it takes like 6 weeks to be entered in their system.. until then you really won't have a way to find out without delivery confirmation.

Topic author
whodat1

Post by whodat1 »

infoman wrote:without a delivery confirmation, it takes like 6 weeks to be entered in their system.. until then you really won't have a way to find out without delivery confirmation.
OUCH!

Okay, thanks guys. And now I wait..... :waiting:
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member

JJVP

Post by JJVP »

whodat1 wrote:I noticed that most people post when DPS received their package in peoples CHL timeline. How does one find out if and when DPS has received it? I mailed mine on Monday 5/18, but have no idea how to verify that DPS has received it. :confused5
Did you pay by check? I did. I found out they had received it when the check cleared my bank, about a week after I mailed the package. It still took a month before I got the pin.
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

USA1

Post by USA1 »

they sure dont waste time ripping into your app package like hungry sharks just to get that check out only to throw your app aside like an empty carcass ...oh did i say that out loud ? :shock:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

I Know Jack

Post by I Know Jack »

oh did i say that out loud ?

Yes you did....... And it is my contention that with all this extra money being received they could afford a "temp" to get these darn BG checks completed. I have seen very little movement on Harris county applicants, this is beyond ridiculous. I am beginning to think I will never receive my CHL. :banghead:
Glock 27
Colt 1911

USA1

Post by USA1 »

I Know Jack wrote:oh did i say that out loud ?

Yes you did....... And it is my contention that with all this extra money being received they could afford a "temp" to get these darn BG checks completed. I have seen very little movement on Harris county applicants, this is beyond ridiculous. I am beginning to think I will never receive my CHL. :banghead:
didnt mean to stir you up ! :rolll
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”