Looks like im still the record holder for 2012 (84days)

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
balk-a-nite
Posts in topic: 2

Looks like im still the record holder for 2012 (84days)

Post by balk-a-nite »

Looks like im still the record holder for 2012!!! for a new app..mine took 84 days mail box to mail box ,,i hope no one has to wait longer than me,, and my back ground is spotless :coolgleamA:

ckuykendall2
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Looks like im still the record holder for 2012 (84days)

Post by ckuykendall2 »

ive got you beat! spotless record (almost; MIP charge 2010 LOL) my official "we received your app" date is september 15th! mine still shows application, finger prints yada yada still under review.. ive called and they said uuuhhmm well its a long process and wait times are increased around the hollidays so....and im like weeelll theres kind of hollidays year round so is that really a valid excuse? we've had 3 shootings around my area since ive applied for this thing WITH fatalities...come on people... :fire PEW PEW!!!

GeoffB

Post by GeoffB »

I'm getting close to my 60 day mark. Mine was received on the 23rd of October, although the webpage was not updated for a week or so. I guess I'll just wait some more.... :waiting:

UdonNomi

Post by UdonNomi »

Mine was received Oct 22-23rd and was just updated to "mailed" yesterday. Hang in there.

S&Wgrl

Post by S&Wgrl »

balk-a-nite wrote:Looks like im still the record holder for 2012!!! for a new app..mine took 84 days mail box to mail box ,,i hope no one has to wait longer than me,, and my back ground is spotless :coolgleamA:
Nope, mine was 89 days. No background issues or anything. Just the slooooooow desk!
2/17/12 Online CHL application
5/21/12 Plastic!

Songbird

Post by Songbird »

No rhyme or reason to their system. My son mailed his packet 11/27 and his status showed mailed yesterday. One thing my instructor told us....do the online app FIRST so it's in the system before the fingerprints hit. I wonder if that's the holdup. It would be interesting to know how many who have waited longer did their fingerprints first.
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12

dabachelder

Post by dabachelder »

I am currently 88 days and counting. I have heard nothing from the state or anyone else. I posses a federal explosives license issued bu the BATFE. My background check is not an issue.

I'm guessing the holidays are holding things up. I'm told the average wait time is 60 days, I'm currently at 88. There were not 28 days of holiday, go figure.

Andrew Brown

Post by Andrew Brown »

Can we somehow triangulate our scenarios? Trying to figure out what trips DPS up.

So I have had three employers in the past 5 years, all in different counties. One in Dallas, one in Collin, one in Denton. Anyone else who has had to wait have a similar work history? Thinking that they need to do a background in multiple counties slows them down.

Or prior trouble with the law? Even though I'm 100% sure I am qualified, does the app need a second level approval if prior run ins? Any folks with a blip in their history get delayed?

There isn't a lot of info here about what the internal DPS process is, and how much time for each step. Maybe through our combined experiences, we can come up with some answers.

x007x

Post by x007x »

I mailed mine off in June and got it in November.... Because they lost my paperwork. (Pretty much opened it and didn't finish then put it in the finished pile. Or something like that.) it sure was hassle telling them to find my paperwork.
-CHL-
-NRA-

BigHatNoCows

Post by BigHatNoCows »

When checking status this morning I received a web page that says "This Texas.gov service is temporarily down for maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please check back soon."
Is anyone else seeing this page?
"If a frog had a six shooter the snake wouldn't mess with him." - my brother, 1965.
NRA Member, TSRA Member, DU Member
Proud 5th generation Texan
Citizen USA

x007x

Post by x007x »

I just checked and its up for me.
-CHL-
-NRA-

Topic author
balk-a-nite

Post by balk-a-nite »

Wow guys i thought i had it bad,,sooooo sory!!! i know its muder waiting on it..i hope yall get yours soon ..GOD BLESS..

KINGLG36

Post by KINGLG36 »

Today is the 94th day since I put mine in the mail box and it FINALLY changed to manufacturing today.
10/2 filled out app
10/6 took chl class
10/10 fingerprints
10/30 pending background check
1/16 manufacturing pending

BigHatNoCows

Post by BigHatNoCows »

KINGLG36 wrote:Today is the 94th day since I put mine in the mail box and it FINALLY changed to manufacturing today.
10/2 filled out app
10/6 took chl class
10/10 fingerprints
10/30 pending background check
1/16 manufacturing pending
Looks like you may be the new record holder...
But it just gets better from here for you as the rest of the process is pretty quick.
As an example, my process once the background check was finished:

Manufacturing Pending: 01/13/13
Manufacturing: 01/15/13
Mailed: 01/16/13
"If a frog had a six shooter the snake wouldn't mess with him." - my brother, 1965.
NRA Member, TSRA Member, DU Member
Proud 5th generation Texan
Citizen USA

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”