July apps

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

GigEm1225
Posts in topic: 5

Re: July apps

Post by GigEm1225 »

I didn't get to call because I was stuck at work all day, but I did send an email to DPS. The response I got was that they never received my documents that I emailed to them. Said that I am only required to send the CHL-100 form in and sending it by email is much faster and easier. Took them 30 days to tell me they never got my paperwork, even though I emailed it to them and received a confirmation email from them. I emailed my CHL-100 to them for the second time, and got the exact same response from them (not automated reply). I will be calling them first thing when they open and doing my best to make any incompetence comments, further delaying my application.

danxdanger
Posts in topic: 10

Post by danxdanger »

Jimdoe wrote:webodrex »
Still nothing in the mail its been 6 days since the site showed mailed. :banghead:
My status changed to mailed today, and then well see how long it'll take. I will be camping around the mailbox starting Saturday. Webodrex, let us know once you get yours.
I'm guessing you don't have any update yet either. I'm still really hoping it gets here tomorrow, but I'm starting to doubt it will. I'm thinking most likely it will be Monday. If only they delivered mail on Sundays. Stupid leftover blue laws. :banghead:

danxdanger

Post by danxdanger »

Just checked the mail for the third time today and it was here along with the Bravo Concealment Holster my father ordered. :woohoo

Of course the mail would come almost 3 hours later than normal on the day it arrived.

Jimdoe

Post by Jimdoe »

danxdanger wrote:Just checked the mail for the third time today and it was here along with the Bravo Concealment Holster my father ordered. :woohoo

Of course the mail would come almost 3 hours later than normal on the day it arrived.
congrats man and just got mine today...
:anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana

danxdanger

Post by danxdanger »

Jimdoe wrote:
danxdanger wrote:Just checked the mail for the third time today and it was here along with the Bravo Concealment Holster my father ordered. :woohoo

congrats man and just got mine today...
:anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana
Awesome. Glad to hear it. Did you go on your Wally Walk yet?

Jimdoe

Post by Jimdoe »

danxdanger wrote:Awesome. Glad to hear it. Did you go on your Wally Walk yet?
I have not, Im waiting for my holster to arrive. Only holster I have is a bladetech DOH and that just sticks out too much. I could get away with it if it was cold out and with a jacket but on a 100+ texas :reddevil heat , I'll wait :lol: ... So am anxious to do that.. And you, did you go yet??

drumbdummer
Posts in topic: 11

Post by drumbdummer »

bleah.... still nothing.... this wait is killing me! :banghead:

drumbdummer

Post by drumbdummer »

So... as a college kid, I got arrested because I got a traffic ticket that I never paid... this was 25 years ago. My application got "sent to our eligibility team for review since SOMETHING showed up on your background check." No set timeline now... it could take forever at this rate..... I disclosed the information on the form so I won't get gigged for failure to disclose... but still.... :mad5

GigEm1225

Post by GigEm1225 »

After nothing but headaches trying to make sure my paperwork got to DPS, my status finally jumped from Waiting for Documents to Manufacture Pending today.

Paperwork submitted: July 16
Manufacture Pending (first online update): August 27
Mailed: August 28

Total wait time: 43 days, plastic should be in hand today or tomorrow. I have the coolest boss ever, was given permission to be late to work so I can sit at the mailbox to greet the mailman.

drumbdummer

Post by drumbdummer »

still nothing... :grumble :banghead: :mad5

Pyron27
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pyron27 »

Still waiting, too...

drumbdummer

Post by drumbdummer »

WHOOOOHOOOOOOOO...... my status went to MANUFACTURING TODAY!!!!!

I can't wait to post the dancing banana when it gets here!!!!! :woohoo :hurry: :woohoo

Now I can go from checking the website to checking the mail box....

Hang in there Pyron27! Hopefully yours will be coming soon too!!!!

drumbdummer

Post by drumbdummer »

And today it went to MAILED.... Will mail run during the shutdown?!?! :waiting:

jmra
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jmra »

drumbdummer wrote:And today it went to MAILED.... Will mail run during the shutdown?!?! :waiting:
Congrats and yes the mail will run.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

drumbdummer

Post by drumbdummer »

by jmra » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:33 am

drumbdummer wrote:
And today it went to MAILED.... Will mail run during the shutdown?!?! :waiting:

Congrats and yes the mail will run.
I actually looked it up before I posted it. I was just trying to be a smart-aleck. :mrgreen:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”