RECEIVED - Change of address wait...6 weeks so far

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
jmace57
Posts in topic: 7

RECEIVED - Change of address wait...6 weeks so far

Post by jmace57 »

I moved residences about a year ago. I went to the state website and changed the address on my CHL...paid the money. About 1 week later I had my replacement CHL. I moved again this year and did the same thing. They charged me the $25 or so immediately, but it has been over 6 weeks since I did the change of address.

Should I be concerned? They say they will invalidate your CHL if the address is incorrect for 30 days. I see no way to contact them.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Jim
Last edited by jmace57 on Thu May 05, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
jmace57

Re: Change of address wait...6 weeks so far

Post by jmace57 »

Just a bit of additional information...

I did get an email immediately after that was a "License to Carry a Handgun Confirmation Message" from texas.gov with a big barcode and saying:

"Your checklist contains no required supporting document items"
"If you have not already done so, please submit all items listed above (if any) at one time by secured email to RSD or by mail to"

[and then an address to the Texas DPS.

Topic author
jmace57

Post by jmace57 »

OK - 10 weeks gone by and nothing. I'd normally just wait, but when I changed my address 1 year ago it took less than 2 weeks. Anyone have a suggestion whether I should try and contact them? Thanks

Slydragon
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Slydragon »

Go to the page to change address and click to send them an email on the bottom left and ask them. It also list a phone number to call, I would do both. Best advice I got, sorry.

Zen

Post by Zen »

I submitted mine this month. Two weeks tops maybe and the new license (LTC) arrived.

Topic author
jmace57

Post by jmace57 »

Sent in an email 2 weeks ago. No response. Have been trying to call phone number for two days. Immediately says due to high call volume, no one can help and to try back later. 12 weeks now.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I filed for a change of address on January 28th of this year and didn't receive my new license until just shy of 7 weeks later. I feel your pain.
And it wasn't until I started calling every 3 minutes until I finally got someone on the phone. Good luck.

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

jmace57 wrote:Sent in an email 2 weeks ago. No response. Have been trying to call phone number for two days. Immediately says due to high call volume, no one can help and to try back later. 12 weeks now.
During high call volume times, you gotta call and hang up until you get through like your trying to win a radio contest. Eventually the line drops enough for you to wait in the long line. That or you call early in the morning before the line has time to build up. I think they open up at 7am if I'm remembering correctly.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
jmace57

Post by jmace57 »

I'm at the office by 6:30 - I'll try at 7AM. Thanks for the suggestions.

Topic author
jmace57

Post by jmace57 »

Follow up - did as suggested by pariah (thanks) - called at exactly 7AM and had almost a 30 minute wait. Worth it (I think) as the person said my replacement CHL had been mailed January 20th. She said they would re-issue it to me within the next several days. Keeping fingers crossed.

Topic author
jmace57

Re: RECEIVED - Change of address wait...6 weeks so far

Post by jmace57 »

Follow up. Received an email May 3 saying my CHL was being "printed". Received it today May 5, 2016.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”