The long road home

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Pepper Breeder
Posts in topic: 2

The long road home

Post by Pepper Breeder »

Application submitted 12/08/2015
Course Completed 12/28/2015
Fingerprint submitted 12/28/2015
Confirmation email 01/08/2016

Called today, 03/09/2016, all documents received 60+ days ago, fingerprints are in, and was told it was still in 'background check', as if that was a town where lost mail was stored, and that I should allow at least another 30 days!!!!!

Any other business, especially those whose fees are more reasonable, would hire/rearrange staff to serve their customers. Then again, we are talking about the govvvvvvvvvv, sorry my brain had a spasm when thinking the words government and service in the same thought.

Outrageous.

:txflag:

UPDATE - 04/27/2016 - was told to give them another 30 days, 47 days ago, and still nothing.

100 PLUS DAYS AND STILL WAITING
Last edited by Pepper Breeder on Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gdanaher
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The long road home

Post by gdanaher »

You are talking about a state government whose budget is set on a two year cycle. There is little wiggle room in the budget. Certainly no budget for someone to call Acme temps for more help on random months.

Topic author
Pepper Breeder
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pepper Breeder »

UPDATE - 05/03/2016

116 days after confirmation email - license has been issued (no plastic received yet, so I am at the mercy of the postal service)

I received an email from RSD, as I am sure many of you did, explaining the 170+% increase in applications, emergency approval of more staff, etc. The letter explained that the Texas Legislature allows up to 60 days from the time RSD receives all my paperwork to issue a license (or deny).

I replied to the email asking them why I have confirmed that all paperwork has been in for more than 100 days, and still no decision.

A representative with the title Manager replied and stated, "your application was approved and license was issued today, please allow up to 10 days for your license to be received in the mail"

I want to believe that it actually took this long, but I am leaning more towards my application was 'lost' internally and if I didn't make enough noise for a member of management to get involved, it would not have moved along.

So, remain polite and professional, but assertive and persistent, and you too, one day, might get the good news like I have. Keep in mind that your behavior when communicating with RSD personnel could be used in the decision to approve or deny your application.

Now, if I could just find a horizontal mag holder for Beretta PX4 Storm subcompact that wasn't a Velcro and canvas enclosure!!!

:txflag:

Mavs00
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Mavs00 »

Man.. that sucks. Hopefully you are almost home. Be careful out there.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”